how long does it take to disembark at Santorini cruise terminal

ep1080

Hello, I will be taking a cruise that stops at Santorini. Looks like there is a lot of concern about the tender, taking the bus up at Fira etc takes too long and a lot of people missed their booked tour ( outside company , not from cruise line). can someone with experience comment on this. ? How many hours after ship dock shoudl we book the tour ( to account for the tender, taking cable cars etc) I think the tour company has their own start times, I am not sure they would wait for us if it got delayed. 

Thanks for any input 

Go to the Ports of Call Greece forum and read the long thread there.

The biggest factor to consider is ....how many ships are in port with you, how many pax, and their arrival/departure times.  Google Santorinin port schedule to get this info.

I was there last Sept and on Tender 3.  It was a 2hr wait for the cable car !! I had tried to get the NCL excursion but it was sold out.  Should have taken the Spanish version just to get to Oia quickly. 

Is the tour company meeting you in Fira ?  If so, you can always walk up the donkey path.  Give yourself 45 minutes for the walk and bring water; there's no shade and it's very hot. Dont wear sandals due to donkey crap.

I avoid cruiseline excursions, but this location is advisable, unless you're ok walking the donkey path.

Edited by mapleleaves