5 day joy bermuda main dining room menus

bstrong3

Looking for the main dining room menus for the 5 day Bermuda cruise. Sailing Oct 11, 2023, I was going to reserve our 3 night specialty dining but want to pick the (off) nights in the main dining. I looked at prof. cruise and it posts the menus for a 7 day cruise. Would the first 5 days of these be the ones? Do I even need to book ahead of time or should I wait to get on the ship? My first time cruising Norwegian. Thanks for any info you can provide!!!!! John

You should absolutely book your specialty dining before boarding, if you can. While not all of the available reservations will be offered for booking online ahead of time, you will have a good shot of getting the times/dates that you want if you attempt to book as soon as restaurant reservations become available.

Specialty restaurant reservations should become available to you at 120 days out from sailing, unless you are in a suite that gives you earlier access (either 125 or 130 days out, depending on the cabin type).

If it were me, I wouldn't base my dining selections based on the main dining room menus (which may not be known until you get onboard). I would base it on the itinerary of the ship (days in port vs. sea days), the entertainment schedule (do I want to rush through a specialty dinner in order to make it to a theater performance or game show on a given night?), and the cadence of the cruise. If you can get your hands on the Freestyle Dailies from similar 5-night cruises, you might be able to approximate when certain things are likely to happen on the cruise.

We sometimes book specialty dining on the first night, since restaurants may not book up as quickly as on other nights on the sailing. It also starts our cruise out on a good note with a great meal. The downside is that we may be in a pickle if our luggage is delayed getting to our stateroom, as that means that we will have to head to dinner in whatever we wore onboard or packed in our carry ons.

We often avoid booking specialty dining on the last night of the cruise, since that's when we have to pack up and set our luggage out. While we could pack once we get back from dinner, we like to be able to take our time when we are at a specialty restaurant and don't want to think about packing then. So, the final night is usually a bit more casual for us and we will head out to eat somewhere once we are packed (or mostly packed), whenever that might be.

• Haha 1