Age Requirement

perkyblue

I'm booked for the 6/13/06 sailing of the Legend. I'm 27 and sailing with my 19 year-old brother. (I gave a BOGO Free offer to my parents; they couldn't use it & offered to pay for my bro to cruise and let me use the free part!) My TA said he checked with Carnival and that my brother's age wouldn't be a problem.

However, Carnival's website states: "Guests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 or older....Guests not conforming to this policy will be denied boarding and assessed a 100% cancellation penalty. NO exceptions will be made at embarkation."

This has me worried. :( I e-mailed Carnival (used the online form) a couple days ago and have not received a reply. I was wondering if anyone here knows if Carnival does in fact make exceptions to this rule. Should I just take my TA's word that my brother's age isn't a problem and bring his phone # to embarkation in case something goes wrong, or should I try to striaghten this out with Carnival myself before the cruise?

If it would make you feel better get a notorized letter, but you do not need anything. Carnival's age requirements are set up to contol young people from booking cabins and nobody responsible for what happens. As long as there is someone in the cabin over 25 everything is ok. Again, if you are worried just get a notorized letter. It is simple. NMnita

Call Carnival to make sure but I beleive you should need the form stating that you can take him out of the country since he is a minor.
It's true that he'd have to be 21 to cruise on Carnival without someone 25 or older, but I believe since he is over the age of 18, he could take himself out of the country.

Archived