Upgrade Rooms during boarding?

Bethwte

Hey there guys- so its getting super close (very excited). I have a question- right now my family is booked in two CC class rooms, but we've been eyeing the Royal suite for a while (there are still 5 or six available for my sailing). Is it possible to decide to upgrade it that while boarding, or once on board? If so, will the price be what the room is going for now (which is MUCH less than the normal price), or will it go back to being the normal rate for the Royal Suite. And will our luggage get really messed up, since it would have the CC tags still on it. Would we have to go down to those rooms to retrieve it (not that that is such a big deal, I'd just like to know :) ) Thanks in advance for the help :)

It is still possible but not as easy as it used to be. If you really have your heart set on this I would try to do it prior to embarkation. Check with your TA or directly with Celebrity; Sometimes the price is such that you will be happy to pay the difference, other times it just isn't worth it. I know I am not much help, but that is about as good an answer as you will get. Give it a try. NMnita

I, too, was looking at a Royal Suite for one of our cruises. There were two there for weeks, but two weeks before the cruise, they disappeared. I think that some people received a very nice upgrade. Oh well. I agree, if you want them, get them now.

There is no set rule. Sometimes the day of sailing upgrades are ridiculously high... and sometimes it's a bargain.. and sometimes... they are all gone.

You would need to be among the first checked in though.

If the current rate is one you could live with, then I'd pay to upgrade now.

The one time we got a pier-side upgrade quote it was higher add-on than the prior website rates. I remarked on that point to the attendant and she just acknowledged the fact but stood on the quote. On that occasion the ship was about full, so it looks like upgrades are "market price" at the moment. Good Luck but keep checking the website as time passes to see if rates drop, possibly a "W"(?) suite-guarantee may open up (but unlikey the RS).

Exactly--we had the exact same thinking of asking at the pier. It didn't hurt. The upgraded rooms were the same price as listed on there most recent reduced specials that we had been "watching". We didn't upgrade.

Archived