Port addresses Viking Sky Istanbul/Athens

xiphoid76

Hi there,

Does anyone know of a way to look up the specific address of the Ports for Istanbul and Athens?  Going on this cruise later this year and trying to book my transportation to and from the cruise, but can't seem to find the specific address of the ports.  Appreciate any help.  Thank you!!

In Athens, the cruise ship terminal is in Piraeus.  We just asked the taxi to take us there and followed the signs for Viking.

Galataport, in Istanbul.  Here’s the address, but it’s such a huge complex that I’m sure everyone knows where it is.
Kılıçali Paşa Mah. Meclis-i Mebusan Cad. No: 8 İç Kapı No: 102, 34433 Beyoğlu/İstanbul, Türkiye

Edited by Mich3554

1 hour ago, xiphoid76 said:

Hi there,

Does anyone know of a way to look up the specific address of the Ports for Istanbul and Athens?  Going on this cruise later this year and trying to book my transportation to and from the cruise, but can't seem to find the specific address of the ports.  Appreciate any help.  Thank you!!

Knowing the address of the berth in advance is often not possible, as many ports have multiple cruise terminals, and when no cruise terminal is available, the ship is assigned a vacant commercial berth. Some ports post the assigned berth online, but in many ports, the berth is assigned by the Harbourmaster just prior to arrival.

In Piraeus, the port for Athens they have multiple cruise terminals, all on the south side of the harbour. While most of my arrivals in Piraeus were at Cruise Terminal A, I have also been at other berths.

If wanting to determine the berth address prior to the cruise, I suggest researching the port's website to determine if a berth is already assigned. You can then research the address. However, as always, the berth assignment is subject to change due to operational requirements.

Istanbul also has multiple terminals, but these days I believe the majority, if not all cruise ships use the Galataport Terminal.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Knowing the address of the berth in advance is often not possible, as many ports have multiple cruise terminals, and when no cruise terminal is available, the ship is assigned a vacant commercial berth. Some ports post the assigned berth online, but in many ports, the berth is assigned by the Harbourmaster just prior to arrival.

In Piraeus, the port for Athens they have multiple cruise terminals, all on the south side of the harbour. While most of my arrivals in Piraeus were at Cruise Terminal A, I have also been at other berths.

If wanting to determine the berth address prior to the cruise, I suggest researching the port's website to determine if a berth is already assigned. You can then research the address. However, as always, the berth assignment is subject to change due to operational requirements.

Istanbul also has multiple terminals, but these days I believe the majority, if not all cruise ships use the Galataport Terminal.

I would bet on Galataport in Istanbul. A huge modern terminal.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2023 at 8:23 AM, Heidi13 said:

I've also found the chat function in My Viking Journey to be helpful for questions like port addresses.