Blue Lagoon from cruise terminal to KEF....

fishman620

I am trying to book the Blue Lagoon for the day we disembark, with pick up @ Skarfabakki and drop off at KEF Int. Airport....but when I go on to bluelagoon.com and try to book my transfers with the pick up point of Skarfabakki, nothing comes up........if I type in the word Harbour something comes up but it doesn't say Skarfabakki and I know there are two harbors.....so I am concerned if it will be the right one.  HELP!!!

Unless you book a private transfer/excursion, you will need to get an expensive taxi, or take the bus. I don't think you'll be wanting to pull luggage to the nearest Blue Lagoon bus stop from Skarfabakki, so maybe take a taxi to bus stop or bus terminal and go from there. I believe Blue Lagoon bus goes directly to KEF from the lagoon, so that should be easy to arrange, but you will have all your gear with you.

You are correct there are 2 harbours, the old one near the Harpa, and the new one that most large cruise ships use. (in opposite direction from the Harpa)

Maybe you meant  taking a transfer/taxi to KEF, store luggage there, then make your way to Blue Lagoon, free of cumbersome bags.

Nothing's cheap in Iceland, just beautiful, including their people.

Edited by 3Shelaghs

I appreciate your reply, thanks.....I was finally able to contact the Blue Lagoon and this is what they said.....Thank you for contacting Blue Lagoon Iceland......Hopefully the pick up location is right at the Cruise Terminal.....
The name of the pick up location at Skarfabakki is "Harbour - Cruise ship - Skarfabakki"
 You can bring your luggage with you to the bus 
 You can book the transportation to and from the Blue Lagoon through our partners at Destination Blue Lagoon on their website Transport Only — Destination Blue Lagoon

• Like 1

check out Flybus  on Reykjavik Excursions   www dot re.is

They list Harbor Skarfabakki as one of their pick up spots.  

Generally a shuttle or bus ( and I suspect bus, the purple line,  from the port) to the central station then they take you to BL.  You check your luggage in the hold room, enjoy BL for a couple hours then they take you to the airport.

You can contact them for the details of this excursion and the logistics for you.  It is a common and popular trip.  I am surprised they do not have a shuttle servicing the cruise port yet.  Perhaps the too high volume is hard to support. 

I did this trip, in from the airport a few days in town and home via BL. It was perfect to and from my downtown hotel using a shuttle from the central bus station.  Everything is timed to perfection

Contact Reykjavik Excursions, they will get you to where you want to be