renewed passports

12 hours ago, Tennessee Titan said:

Physically got the passports today. Sent May 2 regular service.

Din not get the old ones back, and did not get the cards...

In the case of my wife's 2023 renewal and my 2022 renewal, the old passports and cards were returned under separate post. I'd guess that you'll get your old books back later this week.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, dutchgal46 said:

I had to go to the Dutch consulate in Miami to renew my Dutch passport, 

All the paperwork ,picture had to go back to the Netherlands, where the ministry issued the new passport. 

Had it back within 14 days.

This explains why we're all happily sailing on ships flagged in the Netherlands and you don't see a whole lot of US flagged cruise ships. 😁

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, firsttimer1971 said:

I think how smaller the country is, how bigger the need for fast passport processing. 

Oh, that's great, hope you enjoy your stay in The Netherlands. 

Here's a strange suggestion: if a country has a larger population, they could fund the department that issues passports so that they can employ enough people to get the work done!

I know, this sounds like something from another world. Or maybe just another country.

We always love Amsterdam!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

Here's a strange suggestion: if a country has a larger population, they could fund the department that issues passports so that they can employ enough people to get the work done!

I know, this sounds like something from another world. Or maybe just another country.

We always love Amsterdam!

That is a strange suggestion indeed: it would also mean that you would a strong IRS to ensure that enough tax is being paid so that federal institutions can be financed. Truly an out-of-world suggestion!

Glad to hear that you love Amsterdam! We live less than 15 miles from Amsterdam and both work there. I think that when you live somewhere you forget to see the beauty of that place. My wife and I visited New York twice and absolutely loved it. Had the most perfect day of our lives there: a stroll through Central Park, a visit to the Met and finished the day with a musical on Broadway. 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 6:23 AM, ocean sounds said:

Just a caution, other countries’ passport scanners may not yet work with the new US passports, so let your DW scan hers first, to possibly prevent being separated.

I have been lucky enough (yes, sarcasm) to have one of those passports that just doesn't like to be scanned (just sent it in for renewal, hopefully new one will be better). I end up having to have it manually entered about 25% of the time I present it. Even the cruise line and airline apps have issues when trying to scan from my phone or tablet.

15 hours ago, firsttimer1971 said:

That is a strange suggestion indeed: it would also mean that you would a strong IRS to ensure that enough tax is being paid so that federal institutions can be financed. Truly an out-of-world suggestion!. 

Sad that it's not actually out-of-world, but just out of US!