Penalty For Cancellation Of Alternative Voyage After Accepting The Offer

peribit

Does anyone have the experience of canceling the alternative voyage after accepting the offer to move to another cruise due to overbooking?  The offer has a note saying that if the alternative voyage is cancelled, the penalty of the more restrictive sailing will apply.  Does it mean that the penalty will be applied base on the original sailing?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2023 at 10:21 AM, peribit said:

Does anyone have the experience of canceling the alternative voyage after accepting the offer to move to another cruise due to overbooking?  The offer has a note saying that if the alternative voyage is cancelled, the penalty of the more restrictive sailing will apply.  Does it mean that the penalty will be applied base on the original sailing?

Sorry to jump in late, been on vacation.  We switched to an alternate voyage.  We were supposed to cruise in March but now in Dec.  I believe (NOTE...do NOT know) that you are correct and that as far as Regent is concerned I am past Final Payment on the original cruise so those restrictions apply.  However I had  cruise insurance and was able to shift the dates so I'm covered for any significant reason.  However if your alternate cruise is EARLIER than the original, then IT'S restrictions would apply.

Again, I don't actually know the answer to your question, but from what I read in the email, since we past final payment for the first cruise, then that is the date we fall under.  Hope this helps a little. 

I am way pass the original cruise and am in the penalty phase of the alternate cruise.  I guess if I cancel the cruise, I will loose the entire amount unless I can claim the insurance.  Thanks for the reply. 

• Like 1