Tour of St George??

Megpark621

We will be travelling to Bermuda for the first time this July on the Norwegian Joy.  Plan to spend a day visiting the caves in the early AM and then touring St George in the afternoon.  Is there a tour we can take around St George?  It looks like it is a long walk from Fort St. Catherine to the downtown area.  Is there a better way to get around besides a tour group? Can we get a taxi from the Fort to the downtown area? Any recommendations appreciated!!

13 hours ago, Megpark621 said:

We will be travelling to Bermuda for the first time this July on the Norwegian Joy.  Plan to spend a day visiting the caves in the early AM and then touring St George in the afternoon.  Is there a tour we can take around St George?  It looks like it is a long walk from Fort St. Catherine to the downtown area.  Is there a better way to get around besides a tour group? Can we get a taxi from the Fort to the downtown area? Any recommendations appreciated!!

There are usually taxis arriving dropping off that you can catch. If there are no taxis at Fort St. Catherine ask the admission office there to call a taxi. Also the St. Reigis Hotel is nearby should be taxis there. Tobacco Bay too. I have usually walked to Tobacco, take some time at the beach then walk or take a taxi back to town. 

There is the Old Town Railway Tour a trolly type tour and I read they had restarted but I don't know much about it but I did see it in the Fort Catherine area in 2019 when I was walking. You could check at the Visitor Info Center on York St.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 1