Snorkel and Beach Itinerary Help Needed

SnorkelFool

Working on a 2.5 day itinerary and could use some expert guidance.

Day 1 - Take ferry to St. George, Tobacco Bay snorkeling, sightsee around St. George - What is the best plan of attack for sightseeing after Tobacco Bay? 

Day 2 - Want to do more snorkeling and some beach time. Was thinking Horseshoe Bay and then go to Church Bay (or vice versa)? Or possibly something walking distance from Horseshoe? What makes the most sense from a transporation and order standpoint? I've read about taking the #7 bus to Church/Warwick Long Bay, but have also read that busses can be full and take a long time as a result. 

Day 3 - Restless Native Catamaran Snorkel Trip

Thank you in advance for all help!

• Like 1

Your general plan for Day 1 looks good to me. After Tobacco Bay you might want to visit Fort St. Catherine. You could have lunch at Wahoos or you could take a bus or taxi to the Swizzle Inn. Blue Hole is near the Swizzle Inn. Crystal Caves could be an other option. 

Your general plan for day 2 also looks good. If you have your own gear you can do Church Bay. The surf could be too rough at Church Bay. I ran into that issue the first time I went there and could not snorkel but I was able to snorkel the second time. Whatever order you like. Both Church Bay and Horseshoe Bay are on the South Shore Road. It is not walkable between. You can take the #7 bus  between. If you do Horseshoe first take the $7 minibus shuttle. You could also start at Warwick Long Bay and walk to Horseshoe along the beach trail and beach. The minibus shuutle will drop you off at Warwick after doing a drop off at Horseshoe if you ask the driver for $9.  At Jobsons cove which is the first cove to the west of Warwick there are usually large parrot fish. Then continue along the trails and beach to Horseshoe.  You can take a $7 minibus back to the Dockyard or a #7 bus to Church Bay. If you decide to do Church Bay first then take the #7 to Church Bay then the #7 to Horseshoe or Warwick. If you do Church Bay you will have to deal with buses. I have run into full buses sometimes. Often I was able to get on and stand. I do whatever to avoid buses but sometimes have to. Whether they are full is matter of timing. If you take buses pink poles at the bus stop indicate the buses are going toward Hamilton. Blue poles toward the Dockyard. 

I hope I didn't confuse you. Feel free to ask for clarification. I often wing it and skip  or add on a whim. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1