ice skating on voyager class ships

I am looking to book a voayager class ship next March and am wondering how long and often can you ice skate. My 17 year old is really looking forward to this. She loves to skate and we live in So. Cal so not much oppurtunity here.

Last time on Explorer, skating was only on sea days. If you bring your own skates, there is a session for "advanced skaters." The sessions last about 45-50. After the "advanced skaters" session, there are open sessions throughout the day. You must wear long pants, though. Hope this helps.

I am looking to book a voayager class ship next March and am wondering how long and often can you ice skate. My 17 year old is really looking forward to this. She loves to skate and we live in So. Cal so not much oppurtunity here.

There are lots of ice rinks in Southern Calif. What city are you in?

You can go most mornings. It's a small rink and the times are not very long. My husband said it was smooth, like skating on a pond. I didn't go because a deck chair and Bahama Mamma called my name.

You crack me up!:D

boaterette, if your daughter loves to skate, try to go to the Advanced Skating sessions (bring your own skates) like SuzieTrue mentioned, or else try for an early or lunchtime session when there are less people around. The rink is very small (I'd guess maybe 1/6th?? of a hockey rink), and with the various people holding hands and/or learning how to skate, there is not much room for real skating.

nliedel- you *always* crack me up.

Enjoy your cruise!!

The sessions are only on sea days. And there are about 4 -5 sessions in the day. If you want the advanced skate that is just one session on each of the sea days, and you have to bring own skates. The skates are free. The sessions are 45 minutes. Some are back to back and they will allow you to just stay as long as there are no lines waiting and you would have gotten on anyways. It is nice to skate there. Yes you have to wear long pants...but it is not really cold... I bring a light jacket but in a few minutes you tend to warm up fast.....

I have never heard if anyone actually enjoyed the ice skating? Well, skaters. I like to skate, but I can do that at home any time of the year. When I am in the Caribbean, I like my water to be liquid and warm (except when mixed with Scotch)

No, the advanced sessions are only for those with their own skates. One thing to keep in mind, during the "public session" there are no jumps or spins allowed.

My daughter is a competitive figure skater and she's actually be able to get a good amount of practice in, on Mariner. The biggest downside was last year when they were rehearsing a new cast and there was only skating on the LAST sea day.

Archived