Aft Cabin on Dolphin Deck - Sun Princess

sfilbert

Hi,

We just had the aft cabin on Star, was very nice. We enjoyed the quiet but it is a long walk to the cabin from everywhere. Liked Emerald as we were 1 deck from the promenade. We just booked 8 days on Royal caribbean Jewel for next January. Never had a mini suite, they seem quite spacious and if you plan on being in the cabin a lot should be very nice. The only thing is the view is not too great, so we booked the top deck and mid ships balcony this time.

If you have any more questions, drop me an email and I will try and answer them. Crusing is a GREAT way to holiday..

Paul

We had an aft balcony mini on Sea Princess when she was Adonia with P&O. I'm sure the size on all the Sun class ships is the same. The AB mini on Dolphin Deck Aft - D747 & D751 is 413 sq.ft. including veranda. I know the Caribe deck minis are larger but even so the Dolphin deck ones are larger than the midship AC minis. The cabin has an entrance hall with door to the toilet. The bedroom and sitting area are not as separate as in the midship minis but I think they are more spacious. The bathroom is large with a jacuzzi bath and another separate door to the toilet. There is a walk in wardrobe which on Adonia had iron and ironing board and safe inside.

The balcony we had had teak furniture, table and 4 chairs and 2 wooden steamer loungers. I don't know if this is the same on Princess. We loved our aft cabin and will be having the same one when we go on P&O's Oceana (Ocean Princess) next Feb. Being on that balcony watching the wake, glass in hand, sailing away from an island at dusk is magic! I don't know about extras in a mini with Princess, I think we got more with P&O - champagne, flowers, fruit, canapes each evening, fantastic toiletries etc. If you go on the Princess site I'm sure someone there would let you know. Have a fantastic time. AnnieUk:)

• 11 months later...

Annieuk-

I keep reading about the vibration in the aft cabins. My husband and I really enjoy sitting out on the aft balcony after visiting an island or after dinner. I gave up a suite on the aft on the caribe deck because of all the bad reviews. We get up early and I'm rethinking this aft thing again. What are your thoughts?

Sfilbert,

GVRE who was recently in one of the suites, wrote that the bad vribations will only be there in the early morning for 10 to 15 minutes.

Toto who was in a C-suite wrote that the bad vibrations appeared when the sun was rising and the ship was going to dock or anchor.

If you are an early riser and this is the time you usually get up, I would take the aft suite. You can watch the sunrise or watch when the ship comes closer to the island and enter the harbour.

If you want to sleep in, I would not take it.

We did many cruises in sun class suites, the last one was with the SEA in November before she brokes down in Trinidad.

I am an early riser and always get up when the ship enters a harbour and like to watch the sunrise.

There are always vibrations at the back, especially when the ship goes fast, but you will get used to this normal vibrations.

Here are some pictures from an Aft Suite on the Caribe Deck of the Sea Princess. I think the only difference is no Dressing Area and a slightly diffent configuration. Mini-Suites have very few perks. We only felt vibrations when ship was docking or leaving and then only for a few minutes. It is a long walk to the closest elevator.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/558110214MKWEgO

• 4 weeks later...

My last time on Sun Princess I had B753, the St. Tropez Suite (an AA). Gorgeous rooms back there, but the vibration is really loud every time the ship is docking. It's the thrusters I guess. It stops after a few minutes.

It is worth a few minutes of vibration to have one of those cabins! Category AB and AC get a welcome glass of champagne. The AA get the full perks.

We had a mini suite on the Sea Princess and our friends were in D751 aft mini suite. I prefer the minis on the side of the ship, close to everything. It is a far walk to the back of the ship. Most people grab the aft suites because they like to watch the wake of the ship. I found it more interesting to be on the side where we could be on our balcony watching the tender boats below us or watching people on the pier. In our friends aft cabin, most of the time when the ship was anchored or docked all they could see from their balcony was water.

The mini suites themselves are beautiful and very well laid out. The balconies are completely enclosed, cut out from the hull. The side balconies are very long and not very deep(approx 3 feet)

They are great ships. Enjoy!!:)

Archived