Premium Wi-Fi 1 Device * 2 vs. Premium Wi-Fi 2 Devices

GreenDice

"Premium Wi-Fi 2 Devices" is slightly cheaper than "Premium Wi-Fi 1 Device * 2". According to the search results on this forum, two persons can use "Premium Wi-Fi 2 Devices" but they need to log into the same account.

I have not been on a Celebrity ship and am unclear how the Celebrity app actually works on the ship. I assume you connect to the internet using the Celebrity app. If each person has already logged into the Celebrity app with their own Celebrity accounts, how you log into the "shared" account to use the Internet while maintaining the app's functionalities? For instance, its messaging function. 

I am debating if saving few dollars worths the trouble. Please share your experience with two persons sharing "Premium Wi-Fi 2 Devices". Thanks in advance.

The app just requires connecting to their intranet (so no internet package is required for the app).

To connect to the internet with a package you purchased, you create a login and pin. That login and pin can be shared with anyone you just can’t be logged on at the same time to more devices than your plan. You can switch which 2 devices are connected as often as you want with a 2 device plan. 

13 minutes ago, prmssk said:

To connect to the internet with a package you purchased, you create a login and pin.

Is this login separate from the Celebrity App login username?

Do you connect through a web page instead the Celebrity app?

8 minutes ago, GreenDice said:

Is this login separate from the Celebrity App login username?

Do you connect through a web page instead the Celebrity app?

Yes, it is separate from your app login.  The first time you connect to the ship's wifi, a webpage will open.  It will give you options to either just use the app or to purchase or activate an internet plan.  The first time you activate an internet plan, I believe it asks for your folio number (a number that will be on your sea pass card) to connect the plan to you.  Then it asks you to create a user name and pin.  It is that user name and pin you create at that stage that you can share.

Edit to add:  If for some reason the webpage doesn't open, usually login dot com will direct you to the right place and logout dot com to log out.  This is actually universal across most cruise lines.

Edited by prmssk

Hi, newbie to Celebrity here so please bear with basic questions on this.

1. If I were to buy Premium wifi 2 devices, does this mean that 2 smart phones (with 2 separate phone numbers obviously) can be connected to wifi at the same time?

2. With the premium wifi 2 devices, am I sharing bandwidth between the 2 devices? If so, then it might be better to buy premium wifi 1 device times 2?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, newbie202020 said:

Hi, newbie to Celebrity here so please bear with basic questions on this.

1. If I were to buy Premium wifi 2 devices, does this mean that 2 smart phones (with 2 separate phone numbers obviously) can be connected to wifi at the same time?

2. With the premium wifi 2 devices, am I sharing bandwidth between the 2 devices? If so, then it might be better to buy premium wifi 1 device times 2?

Thanks

Yes, 2 devices (of any kind - smartphones, tablets, laptops) can connect at the same time.  And you can switch between more than 2 devices as long as only 2 are connected at the same time.

No, you are not sharing bandwidth between the two devices.  You are sharing it with everyone on the ship so a 2 device plan vs. 2 one device plans will be the same as far as speed.

• Thanks 1