CruiseFirst on Booking

Smitheroo

ok, I decided to take a chance on the TA on the Joy Jan 2024.  Since sea days are my first priority I will get sea days with this one!  I dont care much about entertainment as long as there is some.  I dont want to have to climb over piles of lumber or only have one dining room to choose from.  I dont require a lot of attention from staff so I wont notice if half are missing.    So I did a mock booking to see what my final cost would be for one traveler in an inside cabin. 

Now to the point of this post- I was able to apply two CruiseFirst certificates.  The $300 one and the $500 one  This reduced my final bill quite a bit.  So it cant be true that it is 1 certificate per reservation allowed. Since the room holds 2 people they must allow for two certificates to be used.  I understood when people were insisting- only 1 certificate per reservation but that's not how it turned out.  Any explanations?

Sure.  One of those CF certificates will magically reappear in your account shortly. Their payment system doesn't always check for accuracy upon initial payment.  Just like if you paid using an invalid credit card - the payment goes through until it doesn't somewhere down the line.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Sure.  One of those CF certificates will magically reappear in your account shortly. Their payment system doesn't always check for accuracy upon initial payment.  Just like if you paid using an invalid credit card - the payment goes through until it doesn't somewhere down the line.

Okay.  But if they are going to remove one, since only one is allowed, it has to happen before the charge is made to your card. they cant charge you  a price that includes both certificates and then say oops sorry, your fare is really $500 more.   Unless they then credit your account.  That's fair.  I also think they could program it so you can only make one choice of certificate. Not a computer expert but I dont think that would be too difficult.  

24 minutes ago, julig22 said:

What does "2 voucher max" mean?

FireShot Capture 019 - Booking - www.ncl.com.png

Edited by Smitheroo

2 minutes ago, Smitheroo said:

Okay.  But if they are going to remove one, since only one is allowed, it has to happen before the charge is made to your card. they cant charge you  a price that includes both certificates and then say oops sorry, your fare is really $500 more.   Unless they then credit your account.  That's fair.  I also think they could program it so you can only make one choice of certificate. Not a computer expert but I dont think that would be too difficult.  

Why does it have to happen before your card is charged, assuming you are even making a payment?

2 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Why does it have to happen before your card is charged, assuming you are even making a payment?

You will see I also corrected myself saying that they could credit your account by the amount of the certificate they rejected.  

I believe it means that the system can only accept 2 vouchers for payment at any given time.  Could be CN, CF, FCC, discounts, etc.

If you have other qualifying coupons, you have to make a 2nd payment.

Edited by julig22

17 minutes ago, julig22 said:

I believe it means that the system can only accept 2 vouchers for payment at any given time.  Could be CN, CF, FCC, discounts, etc.

If you have other qualifying coupons, you have to make a 2nd payment.

That is probably the case but they really should specity.  Although I just read all the terms and conditions and it said that cruise first ceertificates can not be combined with .... they list a few offers that include CF.  

How can I remove that attachment?  Not sure its a good idea to have my numbers there. I thought I removed it but apparently not.  Weird, the correct attachment is there now.

Edited by Smitheroo

42 minutes ago, Smitheroo said:

That is probably the case but they really should specity.  Although I just read all the terms and conditions and it said that cruise first ceertificates can not be combined with .... they list a few offers that include CF.  

How can I remove that attachment?  Not sure its a good idea to have my numbers there. I thought I removed it but apparently not.  Weird, the correct attachment is there now.

I removed the image from my post.  I had already started a reply before you edited your original post.

On 6/30/2023 at 8:25 PM, dbrown84 said:

This is interesting.  Let me ask you.... Would your booking qualify for a double up had you been using a cruise next?

I dont know enough about the various promotions, cant say

I just chatted with a PCC on the website. I pointed out that while booking you are allowed to apply two CF certificates to your booking but the terms and conditions specify only one is allowed.  She said that only one is allowed and the website will have to be corrected.  So that's that