Rockstar agent ability to make dining reservations???

I Fly

We have just booked our first cruise on Virgin Voyages yesterday and we sail in less than 30 days.  We booked a Brilliant Suite and understand we will have a rockstar agent (concierge?) to assist us during our cruise.  As we have booked so close to our sailing date, most of the restaurants are completely full for reservations, or a few have around 10PM available.  I understand from reading other helpful posts that one option is to immediately after getting on the ship, go onto the app and make the reservations we desire, as a percentage of spaces are left for onboard bookings.  My question is would I be able to ask one of the rockstar agents to assist me with making our dinner reservations?  I don’t want to find out that I should have rushed onto the app immediately after boarding and made my bookings instead of waiting for the rockstar agent to do it for me.  Sorry for the long explanation, but there are so many experts on these boards and finding out before hand is so much better than finding out what I should have done. 😊

You can call, but it is unlikely that a shoreside agent will be any help.  You will be in the first boarding group.  Go directly to the Manor.  There will be rockstar agents there to either help you thru getting the reservations you want or do it for you.  But yes, you should do it as soon as you board and you should be at the terminal 30 minutes before your assigned time.  You'll have a pleasant lounge to wait in and be ready to get those reservations as soon as you board.  While in The Manor, you'll be offered munchies and bubbly.  If you want something a little more solid, you can grab lunch after you have the reservations you want.  

Yes, they hold back about 35% of reservations until after boarding, but they don't "hold" them for Rockstars.  The only advantage you'll have is that you get to board before anyone else.  Also, my sailing buddy and I do a "divide and conquer" move.  One of us refines any dinner reservations while the other grabs the entertainment reservations.  It isn't as big a deal as it sounds--takes maybe 10 minutes and we have what we want.

• Like 2

When we sailed in April, I met my rockstar agent in the pre-boarding agent and since I had a piece of paper with everything I wanted written out, I just handed that to him and he was able to make it all happen. I'm not sure if them walking around and being available in the pre-boarding area is a new thing or not, but it did work out well for me. 

Whether you find your person in pre-boarding or wait until you get to the manor, if you have a good idea of what you want in advance that will be super helpful for them to speed up the process. But even if you don't you should be fine.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the helpful comments.  I plan on coming prepared with what I want in terms of dining reservations and show reservations and will act quickly as we should be in the first group of sailors getting onto the ship.  Hopefully, we will be lucky enough to find a rockstar agent in the waiting area.