Thanks and Brilliance June 25 tips and a few pics

Thanks to everyone who answered all my questions! I asked a lot of questions and it was very helpful. I wrote a whole review but seem to have deleted it so here are a few tips (more for newbies) and pics to share. 

Tip 1 Go see the juggler. That was the best show!
Tip 2 Windjammer is always busy but there is an outdoors part by the bar that seems never to be busy. (Its still covered and warm as partially enclosed.)
Tip 3 Skip the theatre on last night and go out on deck to see the inside passage instead. You feel like you have the deck to yourself!
Tip 4 If you have my time dining go early (before your scheduled time) as it seems you are more likely to get a window seat. (At least that was my experience).
Tip 5 Check your camera settings before an important excursion or glacier. I couldn't figure out why my camera wouldn't work for bering fisherman's tour and missed out on close shots of eagles.
Tip 6 Have the lobster. Its a tradition and i think the lobster isn't as small as people complain about.
Tip 7 Get up early on departure day as things are slower with elevators or be prepared to take the stairs like i did.
Tip 8 Try and focus on the positive. I was very disappointed it was foggy and rainy for hubbard glacier but we did get 1/2 a mile from tracy arm!

Edited by latebuyer
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Beyond the Sea said:

The juggler was the only show we saw and we are so glad that we didn’t miss him.  Very funny guy!

How was the rest of the weather for the week? Wasn’t Tracy Arm beautiful?

After decent weather in Tracy Arm in the morning, it rained that afternoon in Juneau.  It was also very foggy for Hubbard Glacier.  The rest of the trip was cool but clear.

I was disappointed that the juggler somehow missed the ship in Skagway (some sort of scheduling conflict) so he performed Saturday afternoon instead of the Neil Diamond tribute show I was looking forward too.  Still, the juggler was good family fun.

Kathy

I think you were on the cruise before this june 25 week so interesting it was foggy for hubbard glacier too that week. I also really enjoyed the inside passage where it was sunny on day 7. I sat on the pool deck along time and went out on promenade deck. Ketchikan was also nice. I'm on a different computer and it is still showing pictures upside down i don't understand it.

On 7/2/2023 at 12:04 PM, latebuyer said:

Tip 7 Get up early on departure day as things are slower with elevators or be prepared to take the stairs like i did.

I discovered taking an elevator up when everybody is going down helps. At least I get a space then. 😉

• Like 1