Celebrity Summit Bermuda MDR Dress Code for Teens/Kids

SnorkelFool

22 hours ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

We were on Royal in November for a cruise and there were plenty of people (kids included) wearing shorts in the dining room on formal night.  Not Celebrity of course but almost the same.  

No it is not almost the same at all. On Royal you will see plenty of shorts in the dining room. On Celebrity you won't see that. 

• Like 2

On 7/3/2023 at 11:53 AM, SnorkelFool said:

I see that the dress code police will come out in force no matter what. Amazing how easily offended people get because of the possibility of a kid wearing nice shorts to dinner. But, jeans...they are ok. 🙄

Thank you to those that tried to be helpful. 

Celebrity requests no shorts. Your kid might be allowed in wearing shorts anyway. Depends on the host/hostess at the entrance. They might be more lenient for younger kids. So if your kid wears shorts be prepared for your kid possibly being sent back to change if they come in shorts. I don't pay much attention to what kids were wearing because once in they are sitting down and you can't realy tell. 

• Like 3

On 7/3/2023 at 10:17 AM, SnorkelFool said:

For those that have recently been on the Summit to Bermuda, did teens/kids wear nice shorts in the MDR for dinner? 

For the dress code police, please do not lecture about dress code or ask "why is it so hard to wear pants?"... I've read all those comments endlessly, and I'm aware of what the Celebrity website states as dress code. 

Thank you in advance for helpful replies.

No, no children that I saw wore shorts, they adhered to the dress code. We just sailed on Summit to Bermuda on June 18th with a 4 year old and a 10 year old. My daughter, the younger, was always in a sundress, bows in hair and "fancy" dresses on the two dressier nights (she called them fancy but they weren't anything over-the top). The 10 year old boy wore short sleeved button downs (think J Crew) and chinos in pink, blue, cream, etc. with boat shoes, driving mocs, etc.

I think the issue for a lot of people who are replying to your post is that it seems just by posing the question, you're trying to see what you can get away with. If others aren't sticking to the dress code, then maybe you don't have to either. If they don't follow the rules, then I don't need to either. Again, seems that way from the back and forth I've read above and maybe that's why you aren't getting as much/type of feedback you're looking for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

20 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Celebrity requests no shorts. Your kid might be allowed in wearing shorts anyway. Depends on the host/hostess at the entrance. They might be more lenient for younger kids. So if your kid wears shorts be prepared for your kid possibly being sent back to change if they come in shorts. I don't pay much attention to what kids were wearing because once in they are sitting down and you can't realy tell. 

Was on the 6.18.23 sailing and I hardly saw adults in jeans either. FYI

Edited by Welly09
misstyped
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Welly09 said:

Was on the 6.18.23 sailing and I hardly saw adults in jeans either. FYI

I have been on over 15 Bermuda cruises and many more Caribbean cruises and I never packed any jeans. Not because of dress codes but because jeans are not comfortable in those climates. I do pack shorts but I don’t wear them to dinner on Celebrity ships because I don’t see fellow passengers wearing shorts. If they were wearing them I might wear them. On Royal Caribbean where passengers do wear shorts to diner in the MDR I sometimes do wear them to dinner. I don’t really care if kids or adults are wearing shorts on Celebrity despite the dress request not to wear shorts. That is not my problem and it does not bother me if passengers are wearing shorts. I don’t recall seeing shorts on Celebrity in the MDR but I was not doing a “survey”. I don’t care though about the results of any “survey’. I have been on many Celebrity sailings, many to Bermuda, enough to be Elite Plus so I will go with my gut feeling that shorts in the MDR is not happening much on Celebrity Bermuda sailings. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In our next post we will have the Grammar Police out in force to correct all the "whether we wear shorts to dinner or not is up to my wife and I" and other grammatical errors that seem to be getting out of control. Rules are rules!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I will be embarking Summit to Bermuda on Sunday. I'll report back as to my observations of MDR attire at dinner.

FWIW, I have never seen anyone, of any age, wearing shorts in the MDR at dinner. I have seen men wearing t-shirts on evening chic night, but they still wore pants.

23 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I don’t really care if kids or adults are wearing shorts on Celebrity despite the dress request not to wear shorts. That is not my problem and it does not bother me if passengers are wearing shorts.

I agree with you, but we don't make the rules. If it was up to me, shorts would be okay, but t-shirts would not. In any case, there seems to be wide spread agreement that shorts are generally not permitted on Celebrity for dinner, even if you are going to Bermuda.

1 hour ago, conquesodor said:

I agree with you, but we don't make the rules. If it was up to me, shorts would be okay, but t-shirts would not. In any case, there seems to be wide spread agreement that shorts are generally not permitted on Celebrity for dinner, even if you are going to Bermuda.

I don't see passengers on Celebrity wearing shorts in the MDR but one poster insists that since they saw passengers on Royal Caribbean wearing shorts in the MDR at dinner that Celebrity would be almost the same. Then they posted they will do a survey. I have cruised many times on both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean and know they are not almost the same. I don't need a survey to know that the dress in the MDR is different on the two lines and that passengers are generally not wearing shorts in the MDR on Celebrity. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I don't see passengers on Celebrity wearing shorts in the MDR but one poster insists that since they saw passengers on Royal Caribbean wearing shorts in the MDR at dinner that Celebrity would be almost the same. Then they posted they will do a survey. I have cruised many times on both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean and know they are not almost the same. I don't need a survey to know that the dress in the MDR is different on the two lines and that passengers are generally not wearing shorts in the MDR on Celebrity. 

c4 hopefully they will not have a full compliment of lights, cameras and director chairs making a film to support the desire... LOL

bon appetit and bon voyage

• 4 weeks later...

So, having just sailed on the Summit, I can confirm that shorts are being worn in the MDR and Tuscan Grille. There weren't a lot of people doing so, but there were definitely shorts ion all ages ncluding a woman wearing spandex type shorts in the MDR. And, no, this was not just on the first and last nights. And, you know what else, no one cared at all. Everyone was too busy eating and minding their own business. I only took notice and am reporting here because of my post asking and all of the other posts about it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

When cruising in warmer weather I'd love to be able to wear shorts to dinner for comfort's sake, but don't in order to meet the dress code.

I'm very happy our next cruise will be on the Summit in cooler weather (Canada / New England) so wearing pants will be the norm for us and our comfort and dress code will be in alignment! 🙂

Thanks for reporting back on your experience.

• Thanks 1

On 7/31/2023 at 8:06 AM, SnorkelFool said:

So, having just sailed on the Summit, I can confirm that shorts are being worn in the MDR and Tuscan Grille. There weren't a lot of people doing so, but there were definitely shorts ion all ages ncluding a woman wearing spandex type shorts in the MDR. And, no, this was not just on the first and last nights. And, you know what else, no one cared at all. Everyone was too busy eating and minding their own business. I only took notice and am reporting here because of my post asking and all of the other posts about it. 

Thank you for finally giving the author of this issue the answer they were looking for. 

Edited by Kelownadon
  • Like 2