Latest Minute booking

freaky_82

What is the latest that I could book a cruise? Like is there a minimum time that I need to book before a cruise? 48 hours? 72 hours before departure?

I'm looking at the 7July Gem cruise out of Venice and I'm wondering if there is a cut off time after which I wouldn't be able to book anymore.

8 minutes ago, freaky_82 said:

What is the latest that I could book a cruise? Like is there a minimum time that I need to book before a cruise? 48 hours? 72 hours before departure?

I'm looking at the 7July Gem cruise out of Venice and I'm wondering if there is a cut off time after which I wouldn't be able to book anymore.

We have booked cruises as late as 24 hours before the sailing date.  As long as a stateroom remains available and you can complete the reservation process, including providing your ID and processing your payment, there should be no problem with last minute, or least last day, booking.

• Like 2

I've heard that in Florida on weekends(Port of Miami or Port Everglades), people just head to port with a suitcase in the trunk, they call different cruise lines, and negotiate the best deals on outgoing cruises.

17 hours ago, destar said:

I've heard that in Florida on weekends(Port of Miami or Port Everglades), people just head to port with a suitcase in the trunk, they call different cruise lines, and negotiate the best deals on outgoing cruises.

Not true.

It may have happened over twenty years ago, but is not allowed today.

Another cruise practice that was enjoyable over twenty years ago was being allowed to take your pasteboard cruise pass for your ship and presenting it to security at the gangways of other ships in the same port of call. One was welcomed aboard to check out the ships and were told where lunch  or other food was available.

2 minutes ago, spotfish said:

We just got off the Encore and met a couple that had booked the cruise 3 days before sailing...If that helps

Our personal best for latest booking was about 36 hours prior to boarding.  That was in May 2019 on the Holland America Nieuw Statendam, sailing from Amsterdam.

• Like 1

Update:

I missed out. Had to finish a project and be sure it was done before booking.

Price went up and there are only sail away cabins available, so no free at sea.

But on the bright side I found out that other cruiselines also depart from Ravenna (Venice).