Naive question?

Sujormik

I keep getting emails about the 3 free nights and $600/cabin OBC, and sale prices on upcoming sailings, but when I click to the website the lowest price is double or more than what’s advertised.  And nowhere to explore the extras without going through the whole rigmarole.  Has anyone actually gotten the sale prices on these upcoming trips? Specifically looking at the one in Croatia/Greece ending in Istanbul on October 4.

Just curious I guess.

Yes and no. The sale price posted in the ad is click bate, honest numbers BUT. First it is the averaged price, per person, and does not include tax and port taxes, for the lowest available inside room fare, IF there there is a room for you. I booked a November, 11 night ex Rome to Lisbon back in February. About a month ago they ran a quick sale which a) greatly lowered my anticipated final payment, b) lowered my onboard credit by about $50, and actually allowed me to upgrade from inside to an unobstructed OV, and still saved me $200. The sale came and went, my OBC was NOT lowered, and 3 days after the sale dropped, this current one was announced. We were able to book this for friends who will be joining us. Apparently a lot of rooms were sold, and the only OV rooms left are higher up on the ship (higher price) and forward (higher price than Deck 4/Midship. I'm not certain who dreamed up the "3 Free Nights", perhaps that's based on the original fare published 2 years ago. All I can say is that it has been our fare experience over the years that invariably, there will be at least one, frequently many sales that lower the ticket price considerably compared to what you had anticipated would be your final payment. I've never had any problems in the past changing the reservation to a lower priced final payment. A bit long winded, but I hope I've answered your question.