Question regarding mens suit for formal night?

MzItaly79

I have read that men should either wear a tux or a dark suit for formal night. DH owns one suit which is a kind of a dark mustard color with black throughit. it's a very nice suit which he wears a black shirt and tie and black shoes with - would this be ok or do I need to convince him to get a different one? I can't figure out for the life of me why he chose that for his one and only suit but hey I'm happy he at least finally bought one and agreed to go to formal night if I really want to. :rolleyes:

I can't quite picture a mustard-colored suit...anyway, a dark suit would be much nicer for formal night if you can get him to buy one. If it's going to be a big hassle to convince him, not to say a fight, he'll be ok in the suit he has. At least it's a suit!

If possible, a nice dark suit would be nice. They certainly won't turn away you and your husband if he is wearing a tie and his mustard suit but depending on cruise line (and it does vary by cruise line) on most cruises the men do wear something dark. What cruise line are you cruising on? In the end, if that's the only option and he doesn't want to purchase a dark suit, don't worry about it. Just recognize that most men will have a dark suit on or a tuxedo.

Keith

Thanks. We're sailing on Majesty of the Seas, it's our first cruise.

I wish I could better describe the color it's maybe a dull goldish color - not shiny or anything it's a really strange color for a suit. I'm gonna try to get him to get a black suit which is what I was assuming he'd buy when he went suit shopping but if he's hesitant I'll just let him where the weird color suit - although it REALLY limits my dress choices! My choices are black.....black or.... black!:eek: In the beginning he refused to go to formal night, at least he's agreed to give it a try so I won't push too hard. :rolleyes:

Wierd color for an only suit. Every man should have at least one dark suit and one blue blazer. With those you're pretty well covered for everything. Hmmmm..... mustard suit---older, conservitve relative's funeral. I can hear the snippy comments at the wake from here.;)

mz,

I think any suit would be fine. We did Navigator last May and I could not believe all the different styles people chose for formal nights. We spent both nights sitting across from a guy in just dress slacks and a short sleeve silk t shirt. Noone cared or said a thing. Don't spend the $ cause people really don't care!! Enjoy!!!

A:D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived