Vista Only! Explain Privee and Private Dining Experiences

Rainbow3fe

Hi,

I am an Oceania lover but have never dined in one of the private dining rooms.  I don't understand the how Vista's new private dinner spaces work. 

Please let me know about Privee and the other small dining rooms. On Vista, not on the other ships because it's different.

Does anyone know the additional costs?  How they're booked? Any other details.

Thanks

I believe there is another thread on this but here goes.

Privee - It is ONLY bookable aboard ship for La Reserve dinners. Reservations can be made at the Dining Reservations Desk on Deck 5.

The three La Reserve dinners are offered on various nights. They don’t tell you which nights in the daily Currents. You have to talk to the people at the Dining Reservations Desk, to get a schedule of when each event will be held. One’s butler may be able to get the schedule also.

For a dinner to actually be held there must be a minimum of eight (8) attendees sign up for the dinner on that night. Therefore , if one can put together the group of eight, or near to it, they have a better chance of the dinner occurring.

Individual prices for the La Reserve dinners are listed on the website.

Wine paired dinners for the new special private rooms in PG and Toscana are advertised in Currents, but not far in advance. Same as with Privee- Go to the Dining Reservation Deck and inquire about which nights the dinners are offered. The dinner in the PG is around $190 + 20% grata. I think Toscana was $125ish + grats. Those rooms appeared to be individually bookable on other nights , however there is minimal spending and I didn’t inquire.

The important thing is: Nothing can be done before boarding and best to talk early with the Dining Reservations Desk to get schedules and costs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Ok I know but most people are guessing based on other Oceania ships. I was hoping that people who experienced Vista would give  first hand opinions.

Edited by Rainbow3fe

9 minutes ago, Rainbow3fe said:

Ok I know but most people are guessing based on other Oceania ships. I was hoping that people who experienced Vista would give  first hand opin.

Ask Catherine  @cruisingxpert  who is on your ROLL CALL

she posted  about the  private dining rooms in PG & Toscana in another thread  when she was on VISTA recently

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pinotlover said:

I believe there is another thread on this but here goes.

Privee - It is ONLY bookable aboard ship for La Reserve dinners. Reservations can be made at the Dining Reservations Desk on Deck 5.

The three La Reserve dinners are offered on various nights. They don’t tell you which nights in the daily Currents. You have to talk to the people at the Dining Reservations Desk, to get a schedule of when each event will be held. One’s butler may be able to get the schedule also.

For a dinner to actually be held there must be a minimum of eight (8) attendees sign up for the dinner on that night. Therefore , if one can put together the group of eight, or near to it, they have a better chance of the dinner occurring.

Individual prices for the La Reserve dinners are listed on the website.

Wine paired dinners for the new special private rooms in PG and Toscana are advertised in Currents, but not far in advance. Same as with Privee- Go to the Dining Reservation Deck and inquire about which nights the dinners are offered. The dinner in the PG is around $190 + 20% grata. I think Toscana was $125ish + grats. Those rooms appeared to be individually bookable on other nights , however there is minimal spending and I didn’t inquire.

The important thing is: Nothing can be done before boarding and best to talk early with the Dining Reservations Desk to get schedules and costs.

I really appreciate your help. 😎

Most people guessed about Vista by telling me about the other Oceania ships. I've been on all of them and I know Vista is different.