Swimming with the Pigs Nassau

Curtis24

Good morning,

My family and I will be going to Nassau on MSC Seaside in a week and a half. We are looking to do a swimming with pigs excursion once in port, but we don't dock in Nassau until noon. From talking to a few 3rd party companies, it looks like we wont be able to make. Has anyone been able to do this type of excursion with not realistically being able to get off of the ship until 1230-1245? 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi we were on this excursion in 2018 at Rose Island (also called Sandy Toes).  We had seen a nice review on the TV and were so anxious to go,.  When we got there it was nothing like what we saw on TV.  The ocean was super rough and we could not go int (August).  The beach was terrible as well.  The following year in 2019 a young college student got eaten by a shark on this island and later died (you can google this).  Rose Island had no First Aid to assist her, not sure if they made modifications, and not sure if feeding the pigs contributed to luring in the sharks. I would never go back to Rose Island, just a heads up.

• Thanks 1

You might already know this, but the real and original pig beach is down in the Exumas, quite far from Nassau.

The ones on Rose Island or any other islands near Nassau are just touristy imitations. 

• Like 1

Yea I knew the real pig beach is in the exumas... but since we were on such a short stop in nassau we didnt have the time to go there... we ended up using https://www.blast242.com/ and had a great time... did some snorkling, swam w some sea turtles and went to a 'pig beach' where we were the only ones there... My daughter had a great time, even if it wasnt the OG pig beach!