Missed cruise due to flight delay/cancellation coverage

My husband and I just booked a short cruise out of Port Canaveral for Aug 7-11.  We can fly to Orlando the evening before, but I am starting to get nervous about the possibility of a flight cancellation or delay causing us to miss the cruise the next day.  I’ve noticed several insurance policies indicate  they will get you to the first port if you miss the ship, but that would not help us. It’s just a four night, 2 port cruise with the first port being a private island and Nassau on day 3.  Are there policies that will pay if you miss your cruise altogether due to flight delays or cancellation?   I also want cancellation in the event of illness, medical and medical evacuation coverage.

3 hours ago, meanmom08 said:

My husband and I just booked a short cruise out of Port Canaveral for Aug 7-11.  We can fly to Orlando the evening before, but I am starting to get nervous about the possibility of a flight cancellation or delay causing us to miss the cruise the next day.  I’ve noticed several insurance policies indicate  they will get you to the first port if you miss the ship, but that would not help us. It’s just a four night, 2 port cruise with the first port being a private island and Nassau on day 3.  Are there policies that will pay if you miss your cruise altogether due to flight delays or cancellation?   I also want cancellation in the event of illness, medical and medical evacuation coverage.

Hi meanmom08,

What State do you live in?

Steve Dasseos

Virginia.  
I communicated with a Berkshire Hathaway representative who recommended their Wave policy.  She said it covers flight delays and cancellations ( as many do) under covered situations, but cancellations and delays due to airline staffing shortages are not covered.  That’s the very thing I’m worried about!  I guess it’s impossible to insure against every possible thing that could happen, so I should just let it go.

• Like 1