Oslo, Kristiansand and Eidfjord private tours

RNic

Headed to Norway in 2 weeks on HAL and have a great deal of OBC. We’re hoping to book some excursions when we get on the ship, but realize many may be full. Are there private tour companies at the docks and does anyone have suggestions or feedback from ones you’ve used?

Luckily we already booked the train in Flaam. Thx!

Guided tours in Oslo:

https://www.visitoslo.com/en/activities-and-attractions/sightseeing/sightseeing-tours/

I’ve never been on any of them, so I can’t  make recommendations, but I’ve seen the Viking Biking tours around a lot in the summer. It looks like it could be a fun option if you like cycling.

Otherwise, Oslo doesn’t really lend itself well to guided tours since the city is designed around public transit and walking/cycling. It’s difficult for buses to navigate easily and efficiently, so services like the HOHO bus tend to be slower and more time-consuming than the Ruter city transit network. If there are particular sights or museums you’d like to visit, search or post on the forum for suggestions, or try the Ruter website to find out how to get around.

Also note that while there are a lot of boat tours on the Oslofjord, this may not be the best use of time since you will sail the same areas on your way in and out of port. Also, Oslofjord is not geologically a fjord and does not have the iconic, dramatic fjord scenery of the west coast.

Hardly or no  tours offered at the dock in Norway. But in Eidfjord you can walk to the tourism office close to the dock and see what tours they offer.

As far as I know (not been there) Kristiansand is a nice place to walk around.