Sept 27 Med Odyssey Port Times and transport distances

Aunt P

I have looked on My Viking Journey and studied shore excursion times, but can't get a good sense of when the ship is in port at each stop. I know it will vary closer to time, but is there an estimate to use for planning independent shore excursions? Also, guidance for how far from port is the main town or train station at each stop? I have researched some individual stops, but wondering if someone has these already plotted out. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Aunt P said:

I have looked on My Viking Journey and studied shore excursion times, but can't get a good sense of when the ship is in port at each stop. I know it will vary closer to time, but is there an estimate to use for planning independent shore excursions? Also, guidance for how far from port is the main town or train station at each stop? I have researched some individual stops, but wondering if someone has these already plotted out. Thanks!

The times are on your invoice.

8 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

The times are on your invoice.

And are subject to change. On our British Isles cruise last month, an included excursion that was supposed to leave port at 8 didn’t leave until 8:30. Be careful with booking independent excursions.

11 hours ago, Aunt P said:

On MVJ at the top right is an icon that looks like a head and shoulders.  Click on it and then Account and Request Invoice.  Viking will email it to your email on record.  List of ports with arrival and departure times should be on page 3.  This invoice also contains your charges/payments of course as well as dates when you are able to reserve excursions, specialty restaurant reservations and spa treatments.  If you used a TA, you have to get it from them.  You want the Viking guest invoice not one on the TA's letterhead.  I have always found the times to be fairly accurate.

• Like 1