Flight Ease Question

Croooser

1 hour ago, PRMinx said:

It is early June. The tickets were “bookable” with great prices on flex. I grabbed them and they are now even showing in my AA account, with seat assignments. I have not yet paid and can apparently change anytime. But, prices can also go up anytime. I can request to be ticketed, but I haven’t clicked that link yet because I’m not sure how it all works and I don’t want to make a mistake. I just want to lock in the great rate and will pay earlier - today even - to do so.

Have you worked through this before? Any advice? Thanks 😊 

52 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

I have rarely found cruiseline air to be a better proposition than getting my tickets directly from the airline.  Especially because I know that there is more to an airline ticket than just the price.

You do realize that you are most likely not buying the same tickets as what you would get from the airline itself?  Have you compared the underlying fare rules?  Caveat emptor.

My cruise leaves in March. Previously, I had not been able to find a better deal on Flight Ease compared to booking direcly from an airline. But, this time, the price on Flight Ease is about 30% cheaper. It is difficult to find the exact underlying fare rules. On SB's side, it says the fare is only good when bought as part of a cruise package. On the airline web site, it says the booking class is K, but I cannot get any further information. 

I am most interested in hearing anyone's experience in reqesting early ticketing. Given that there may be many different fare rules, I don't expect any definitive answer, but any kind of experience, good or bad, will be helpful.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CalmSea said:

My cruise leaves in March. Previously, I had not been able to find a better deal on Flight Ease compared to booking direcly from an airline. But, this time, the price on Flight Ease is about 30% cheaper. It is difficult to find the exact underlying fare rules. On SB's side, it says the fare is only good when bought as part of a cruise package. On the airline web site, it says the booking class is K, but I cannot get any further information. 

I am most interested in hearing anyone's experience in reqesting early ticketing. Given that there may be many different fare rules, I don't expect any definitive answer, but any kind of experience, good or bad, will be helpful.

Thank you. You understand my struggle! I know people here have their preferences, but this is a legitimate question about a service Seabourn provides. It appears to be working well for some people. 

Using Flight Ease gets us a business class ticket on a nonstop flight to our home airport. The price is less than half what I would pay AA direct. I understand it might be a risk and the tickets may not be the same as if I booked direct with the airline, but it is still a Seabourn service (not a scam), so I'm inclined to believe that it's worth it.

Like you, I would just like to hear other people's experiences with Flight Ease Flex and early ticketing. I've been having more luck in the FB groups.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PRMinx said:

Thank you. You understand my struggle! I know people here have their preferences, but this is a legitimate question about a service Seabourn provides. It appears to be working well for some people. 

Using Flight Ease gets us a business class ticket on a nonstop flight to our home airport. The price is less than half what I would pay AA direct. I understand it might be a risk and the tickets may not be the same as if I booked direct with the airline, but it is still a Seabourn service (not a scam), so I'm inclined to believe that it's worth it.

Like you, I would just like to hear other people's experiences with Flight Ease Flex and early ticketing. I've been having more luck in the FB groups.  

I have never had a problem with Seabourn Flight Ease-- currently I have 3 flights booked.  I also reserved my seats and checked the airline website to make sure it was on my reservation.  I did not book one return flight with Flight Ease because they did not have a non stop for the return.  I booked directly with the airline for a non stop flight.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Utopia1 said:

I have never had a problem with Seabourn Flight Ease-- currently I have 3 flights booked.  I also reserved my seats and checked the airline website to make sure it was on my reservation.  I did not book one return flight with Flight Ease because they did not have a non stop for the return.  I booked directly with the airline for a non stop flight.

Thank you for your feedback! When you booked with Flight Ease, did you book the Flex Air? If so, when did you pay and get officially ticketed?

Just now, Utopia1 said:

I called Seabourn Flight ease-- when I received an acceptable flight and price I booked it and paid for it.   It was ticketed almost immediately.

Just now, Utopia1 said:

1 minute ago, PRMinx said:

Thank you. Last question (I promise!). About how far in advance did you officially get ticketed?

Really appreciate you joining the conversation. 

I am ticketed for cruises in October-December and  January and June.  I just ticketed these flights within the past two weeks.

All cruises were paid for on my credit card which offers some protection.

2 minutes ago, Utopia1 said:

I am ticketed for cruises in October-December and  January and June.  I just ticketed these flights within the past two weeks.

All cruises were paid for on my credit card which offers some protection.

Thank you.

I don't think my CC helps here, but the next step is travel insurance. The cruise itself was a gift - but I'm considering disruption insurance for airfare. Departure flights are booked directly with AA. 

@Utopia1thanks for your feedback.

I found a thread about Flight Ease on CC's HAL forum. Otherwise, there are almost no discussions about it, which I take to mean that most people are satisfied with it. If the price goes up often before ticketing, I think I will hear about it somewhere. So, I think I will just wait and not request early ticketing. 

• Like 1