From where to send my postcards?

shiloh25

I'm on the Glory later this month, western itinerary. This means I can mail postcards back to the US from either Mexico or Belize. Does anyone have any experience mailing stuff from any of the ports? Which would you recommend? Seems I once heard that mailing things from Mexico is really slow, but that could have just been old info.

Thanks!

You can also mail from the ship itself. The purser will sell you the appropriate postage...and mail any postcards from your next port of call. You'll probably get home before your postcards should they be mailed from Mexico/Caribbean.

sleazy2.gif

I have mailed postcards from Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Yes it is very slow. Got the postcards almost 6 weeks later. But it was a nice reminder.

When you mail from the ship do the postcards get the postmark from that place--or do they wait til they get back to home port before they get mailed?

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

http://joephila.org/tf.jpg

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

I was on the Glory last week and if you go to the purser's desk they will give you "free" postcards of the ship. The lady at the desk told me if you put the normal 37 cents on the card they will wait and mail it back from Pt Canveral when you return and for it to be mailed from the ports you must purchase a 97cent stamp.

I just took my own stamps...the mailbox aboard the ship is located right in front of the purser's desk, next to the comment card box.

I also pre-printed out my return label and address label for the family before I sailed that way I did not waste time nor have to remember all my family and friends addresses.

Have fun, wish I was sailing again!

The postcards I bought in MX, I took back on board. On most, I put the post card stamps that I had brought w/me (.24?) and put them in the mailbox by the purser's desk.

On a couple of the cards, I bought MX stamps from the purser ($1.50 eachicon_eek.gif), and was told to hand them to the purser, and they would be mailed on the next stop in MX.

ALL cards, no matter if mailed on the ship or in port - arrived somewhere between 2-3 wks. after I returned home. At least they all got there! icon_smile.gif (The ones mailed in the USmailbox were postmarked N.O.)

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

Sensation 2004

Archived