Sun Princess Signature vs Penthouse Suite

turquoiselake

I'm having trouble deciding between a Signature Suite on Deck 16 (16607) and a Penthouse Suite on Deck 17 (17627) on the new Sun. I thought I was booking well ahead, but even though we're about a year out from June 22, 2024, this ship seems fully booked for Penthouse Suites. We already had the signature suite booked for a few weeks, but there's a 3rd guest free sale going on right now, and when I looked today, the Penthouse Suite is actually cheaper than the Signature we already have booked.  I snagged the only penthouse that was left; however, it's not ideal as it's under the Sanctuary. We're a family of 3 (2 adults and a 14-year-old), so we might need the extra space the larger room affords.

We cruised on the Enchanted this year in a mid-aft penthouse suite on the Rivera Deck and loved being across the hall from the concierge lounge. We'd have a similar setup for the Signature Suite on Deck 16, but a much smaller room. I don't know if I can give up the extra space. Any thoughts on what the better choice might be? Can I ask to be switched after the final payment date if any other Penthouse Suites are released (on deck 15), or do they reprice at the current rates? Thoughts? Thanks!

• 4 months later...
On 7/10/2023 at 1:47 PM, turquoiselake said:

I'm having trouble deciding between a Signature Suite on Deck 16 (16607) and a Penthouse Suite on Deck 17 (17627) on the new Sun. I thought I was booking well ahead, but even though we're about a year out from June 22, 2024, this ship seems fully booked for Penthouse Suites. We already had the signature suite booked for a few weeks, but there's a 3rd guest free sale going on right now, and when I looked today, the Penthouse Suite is actually cheaper than the Signature we already have booked.  I snagged the only penthouse that was left; however, it's not ideal as it's under the Sanctuary. We're a family of 3 (2 adults and a 14-year-old), so we might need the extra space the larger room affords.

We cruised on the Enchanted this year in a mid-aft penthouse suite on the Rivera Deck and loved being across the hall from the concierge lounge. We'd have a similar setup for the Signature Suite on Deck 16, but a much smaller room. I don't know if I can give up the extra space. Any thoughts on what the better choice might be? Can I ask to be switched after the final payment date if any other Penthouse Suites are released (on deck 15), or do they reprice at the current rates? Thoughts? Thanks!

Curious to know what you decided. We just booked a Signature (cabin 16609) for the Dec 21, 2024. Our family of four is cruising Japan in June ‘24 and a 14 day British Isles in July ‘25, but I just couldn’t resist adding a sailing on the Sun after seeing all the new features. Normally I would be concerned about packing the four of us in mini-suite sized room but I’m thinking we’ll be spending a lot of time in the suite lounge and sun deck. 

So yes, on moving to another cabin after final payment, as long as it's in the same category. I'm in a Penthouse on 17 for the Transatlantic in September 2024. I would typically never book underneath public space, but it was the only choice at the time. I've been checking inventory now and then; if I can move, I will, but at the end of the day, it will be okay.