Resort Day (While at Puerto Vallarta)

ajtraveler66

We will be in Puerto Vallarta in January '24.  Have any of you ever done an all-inclusive hotel 'resort day' while at port in PV?  If so, what hotel resort would you recommend?

Also....what other beach-area suggestions might you suggest in the event we should opt out of the 'resort day' plan?  (beach area with lots of beachside restuarant available).

Thanks!

• Like 1

We booked a day pass through Resorts for a Day at the Rui Palace Pacifico in October.  Looks AMAZING but they are closed for renovation through December.  Interesting, they are still selling our week.....??  There are two other lovely resorts on their website in PV that aren't getting as much love, so maybe that's the problem? 

https://www.resortforaday.com/riu-palace-pacifico/

• Like 1

I did a resort excursion booked thru Princess earlier this year.  It was at the Marival Resort.  Very nice, it had 3 pools and also a nice beach area.  Lounge chairs and umbrella included.  It also included drinks and a large and very nice lunch buffet.  I don't know if they sell individual day passes.

• Like 1

I like to go to either the Westin or the Marriott’s.  I take a taxi to the resort, pay the day use fee (which usually includes food/beverage credit) and have the concierge get me a taxi back to the ship.  Total cost for me is about $90 USD.

I did the Princess excursion once.  The resort was nice but it involved a 20-30 minute bus ride (depending on traffic) and I was on the tour’s schedule not mine.  It had a nice buffet but I like the pool areas better at the Marriott or Westin.  The quality of food is better at Marriott/Westin but not quantity (they don’t have a buffet).