It's just a DREAM - TxTeach79's LIVE Dream 7/15 - Yeehaw!

TxTeach79

On 7/15/2023 at 5:15 PM, TxTeach79 said:

Got back to the room, nothing….

IMG_4884.thumb.jpeg.cbce3048f5eb1bb3f716bb1fdaaf6388.jpeg

but I opened the door, AND….

IMG_4885.thumb.jpeg.3ec8cfac28ad80b1b5adc64cc2af75d1.jpeg

I know I'm late to the party, as I try to avoid a computer as much as possible on the weekend, so getting caught up now.  But you have NO IDEA of the rollercoaster of emotions we catcher-uppers were riding, following the luggage saga waiting to see how it ends, and the exhale of relief to see this!

I mean, I'm sure you do, since it's your actual luggage.  But still.  😆

• Haha 10

9 minutes ago, StephPS79 said:

I know I'm late to the party, as I try to avoid a computer as much as possible on the weekend, so getting caught up now.  But you have NO IDEA of the rollercoaster of emotions we catcher-uppers were riding, following the luggage saga waiting to see how it ends, and the exhale of relief to see this!

I mean, I'm sure you do, since it's your actual luggage.  But still.  😆

I’m just glad it over. Hoping it’s not renewed for a third season. 

• Haha 5

16 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Navy pier. Docked here once on Empress OTS in 2015. Gotta take shuttles in

IMG_5117.thumb.jpeg.47a25b365b66cad8aeba2c27944f3bab.jpeg

I also had to dock at Navy pier once on Empress OTS - I'm thinking 2017? - anyways, It was a nice open-air shuttle that took you all the way out of the restricted area but I think just walking into town is much easier from the Carnival dock.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HelloItsMeB said:

Just checking in to say hello and good morning! 👋🏻 Sitting in my office but wishing I was in the Keys with Party P (TXTeach), for the record. 😭😎

OMG! She lives!

• Haha 15

4 hours ago, dmet0225 said:

Can’t be too many people named Imade from Indonesia working for Carnival.  I just checked my notes from previous cruises, and I dealt with Imade on the Freedom in 2019.

edit to add his picture 

71AA54EC-397D-4F67-84D3-00EBF941E85A.jpeg

Balinese tradition:

IMG_1983.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Beav1279 said:

I also had to dock at Navy pier once on Empress OTS - I'm thinking 2017? - anyways, It was a nice open-air shuttle that took you all the way out of the restricted area but I think just walking into town is much easier from the Carnival dock.

you know, I just checked my

photos and you’re exactly right. It was June ‘17, a Havana/Key West 5 day from Tampa. 

image.thumb.jpeg.36ee76d18389263f83b8530097e22553.jpeg

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

you know, I just checked my

photos and you’re exactly right. It was June ‘17, a Havana/Key West 5 day from Tampa. 

I did that exact cruise June 2017 - Havana is still the best port I've ever been to. The people were so amazing! We took a private tour and spent 8 hours seeing as much as we possibly could. I hope to be able to return one day... 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TxTeach79 said:

It’s really eerie how smooth and quiet everything is. Maybe it’s partially because I’m all the way at the front of the ship removed from the vibration? It’s just the very faint hum of the AC and total stillness. 

(makes it all the more strange Motor City was on stools last night)

I mentioned we had an almost similar room on the Magic.  The only negative we experience in that room was, the thrusters vibration was INTENSE.  A definite rumble you could hear and feel lol.  We are late sleepers, and usually woke us up when docking.  Which I didn't really mind, a nice built in alarm clock lol.  

Even with that one negative, I wouldn't hesitate to book one of those rooms again, and sounds like it might not be so bad on the Dream.

P.S.  Yes, 100% you can see through those windows at night with a light on.  I should have warned you!  Hopefully you were able to conduct your experiment before any curtainless exposè.  😆

• Haha 6

25 minutes ago, Beav1279 said:

I did that exact cruise June 2017 - Havana is still the best port I've ever been to. The people were so amazing! We took a private tour and spent 8 hours seeing as much as we possibly could. I hope to be able to return one day... 

yep. Dad fled Cuba in 1960 at age 17. I never thought I’d get to go back there with him, it was an ultimate bucket list item. So so thankful we got that day. Beautiful place with beautiful people, and obviously a special connection for me

• Like 22