Cruise Review- July 2023

Host Jazzbeau
This post was recognized by Host Jazzbeau!

RCLcruiser2012 was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

July 10-12 cruise**

Disembarking- 8:17 got in line to get off the ship. 9:07 done and waited for valet. We were going to wait until the last minute to leave but glad we didn't. Passports are much quicker! Embarkation- Arrived at 11:20. Done with check in and waiting started at noon. 
Easy process! Got on the ship at 1:30. Coast guard was inspecting so took a little longer....

Room- The perfect size for us. Clean. Beds comfy and slept decent. I would not want a 3rd person in there though. Bathroom not remodeled but clean. Forgot how small those showers are. Shower curtain sucks you in. Lol We had an ocean view- 6th floor

Main dining room- I liked my entree on the 2nd night. 1st night eh. Nice dining room. Sat by window both nights by ourselves. Dining room looks equivalent to other cruise lines. Waiter good. Buffet- Okay to good. You will not go hungry. I miss all of the windows in the buffet area. It felt dark. Not a ton of seating inside either.

Theater- Quaint. The stage was definitely old and small. The performers was talented especially the dancers. We enjoyed the shows. However, clearly not the same caliber as other cruise lines.

Normal activities maybe a little less.

In a way it was nice because you could find chairs anywhere but at the same time kind-of missed allll of the people. The updated lounges was cool to hang out. The Keys on the water had a great view!

It was weird not being packed to the hilt at sail away. Fun music. No band or belly flop.

There was things we missed bc it is obviously not going to be the same. It's like we said the little things you notice. If I was in Florida and wanting a quick getaway yes. They weren't as organized as some things either.

Port was eh. There was NOTHING. You HAVE to book an excursion or take a taxi. Nothing grabbed our attention. Took a taxi and did some shopping. It was HOT. The cruise director was even saying how hot it was.

Water IS gross on board. Again, there is nothing at the port so A) taxi to the shops or beach. B) Book an excursion $15 round trip to go shopping. 

P.S. Cruise director was awesome. 👏

• Like 3

Thanks for the report. I will add two points:

1) The $15 roundtrip taxi fare takes you to the Port Lucaya Marketplace. Considering that works out to $7.50 each way, it's a bargain because it's at least a 20 minute taxi ride and you get to see a good part of the island. It is a shared taxi van. Port Lucaya has a lot of empty spots post-covid but it's a fun place to wander around. Also, if you walk towards the water and look around back you can find the UNEXSO shop which is the largest shop in the complex but is hidden. They offer Swim With The Dolphins too.

2) You've mentioned that there is nothing to do at the port where MAS docks and that is likely true. However, on any days when ANOTHER cruise ship is also in port, the Freeport Harbour complex opens and this is about a 10 minute walk from the MAS terminal. It has many shops and restaurants including Senor Frogs, Dick & Willies, Buck-o's Sports Bar, etc. This is likely better than Port Lucaya and no taxi ride is required. But again, this is only open if another ship is in port. There is a guard gate to enter the area but they will wave you in.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...