Afternoon Tea - what's the latest?

karatemom2

I just read through another thread that said they weren't offering afternoon tea in the dining room anymore? It didn't seem to appear on the Patter the poster shared. I'm just wondering for those who have cruised recently if this is an actual new change that has been implemented, or are you all still finding that tea is offered at 3:30 every day, or at least every sea day? I will be disappointed if Princess drops this tradition as it is one of the things I really enjoy. I am assuming as an Elite passenger, i can still order it to my stateroom, but I like going and having it in the dining room with the waiters poring and bringing around the different selections and warm scones. I hope this isn't another victim of cost cutting - so please tell me I will still find it on our upcoming Sky Princess cruise in September!

• Like 2

I just looked up afternoon tea on the app and it says it has reached capacity for every single offering date on my upcoming cruise. Do they take walk ups? I haven’t cruised in 12 years and had no idea this is how experiences on the ship were booked 😭

17 minutes ago, curlygirlygirl said:

I just looked up afternoon tea on the app and it says it has reached capacity for every single offering date on my upcoming cruise. Do they take walk ups? I haven’t cruised in 12 years and had no idea this is how experiences on the ship were booked 😭

I would assume this is in reference to the Royal Tea which is something different. It is a special upcharged activity that is offered on certain ships a couple of times per cruise and it has limited seating and an extra fee so I would imagine it might book up. Afternoon tea in the dining room is always free and does not require reservations. It is strictly walk in. So you will still be able to go to that tea.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

I would assume this is in reference to the Royal Tea which is something different. It is a special upcharged activity that is offered on certain ships a couple of times per cruise and it has limited seating and an extra fee so I would imagine it might book up. Afternoon tea in the dining room is always free and does not require reservations. It is strictly walk in. So you will still be able to go to that tea.

I’m so relieved. Seriously, thank you! People here are so kind and helpful. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, curlygirlygirl said:

Those are just people who are interested in attending not actual reservations. You may even see events in the Piazza reach capacity on the App, it doesn’t actually mean anything. 

Edited by Jadn13
  • Like 1