Cunard, Port Authorities, Port Pilots, Coast Guard

NE John

I was in-transit during this event.

Of course, we had to disembark for immigration, however then had to queue with boarding passengers because there was no seperate queue for in-transit guests.

Rather than sit in the queue or complain, we went to the local IKEA to get some food - also had a great view of the ship! By the time we got back, there was a seperate queue for in-transit guests and we were straight on. The queue for boarding passengers was absolutely huge though...

My personal problem was I heard a lot of people continuing to complain about it throughout the trip. Understandably, it had a lot of people upset, but I felt like everyone bringing it up over and over again was spoiling what was arguably a good trip regardless. Also on a tour overheard someone starting rumours it was the exact same the week before in Southampton, when it wasn't at all.

Agree with all the comments in regards to it mostly being out of Cunard's control. While $25 OBC wasn't a lot, in-transit guests got nothing.

We'll be boarding in Red Hook next week for the Eastbound crossing before going around the Med, so I hope all will be well then...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/16/2023 at 1:57 PM, NE John said:

One of the problems of the Brooklyn. Cruise Terminal is that US Immigration forces everyone to get off the ship then re-enter via immigration, regardless if you’re leaving the ship or not. That adds to delays. 

That's every port in the USA - not just Brooklyn