Seabourn Spa serene area

27 minutes ago, Cumbrianglobetrotter said:

I'm booked on Seabourn Encore for September and just sorting out my preferences. Does anyone know what a day at the Spa Serene area entails please.

Many thanks:

Only available on the smaller three ships.

It's a separate spa area that you pay for

54 minutes ago, Cumbrianglobetrotter said:

Thank you for the information

54 minutes ago, Cumbrianglobetrotter said:

Thank you for the information

I had the serene area as one of my preferences on the Encore in May.

There is a spa Serene area on the two bigger ships as well; it is a bit smaller than on the three smaller ships, and it is a payable area unless you are staying in a spa penthouse suite. Sometimes when you have a spa treatment, they also allow you to wait in that area before and or after your treatment, but that depends on the staff because there is also a small, separate waiting area for your treatment.

4 hours ago, lexus man said:

On Encore we found some heated benches, a steam room, a ‘Mediterranean’ sauna (not very hot) and the highlight, two strong body showers. We could not envisage wanting to spend a day in there.

I am assuming you mean by “heated benches” the heated stone sun loungers. Found these to be pleasant to lie and read on a transatlantic cruise the first few days before the weather heated up.

in addition there is a nice small private balcony outside this area for approx 16-20 people ( mixed double and single very nice thick cushioned sun loungers. Staff from spa served us drinks and juices whilst lying there. Only ever saw one other couple use that area.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know how charges for the serene area on long (ours is 43 day) cruise works?  We’ve never been on this long a Seabourn cruise.  When we’ve gone on shorter cruises (say 14 days) is how we use the bulk of our OBC. Just have no idea how pricing goes for long segments of the world cruise.

Any information would help. Thanks

Not to throw cold water on the Seabourn “serene” idea … but be prepared… some of your fellow passengers may choose to yap in your vicinity as if they own the place and you don’t. Nothing serene about that circumstance and for me that makes a future visit unlikely. It would appear that such passengers’ ego quotient is getting bigger as I become more discerning. Why can’t these people chat in some lounge, anyway…

Happy and healthy sailing!

• Like 1