Viking/Viking Octantis still requiring COVID vaccinations? Phone line answers vary & policy is 'Viking may ask'???

meee123

Does anyone know for sure? I'm vaccinated but my parents are not due to physicians recommendation. This was booked for last year and the policy was in place. A Viking rep had me rebook for this time period, when it no longer would be in place. I called Viking and confirmed COVID vaccines were not needed in March of this year. Customer service confirmed that even happened on the phone today. Yet I called in again today after printing their boarding passes, where it says in the fine print alone, that COVID vaccines were mandatory. No vaccine card images were needed during check-in, or COVID reminders/warnings as these were previously listed, for other cruise lines.  Viking's own FAQs though say 'COVID vaccine status may or may not be required at boarding (per the attached me)'.  'May be required'!?!  Also, the phone line I've learned is a separate company, that gives different answers depending on, to whom you talk (and doesn't follow up when reps say they will - over the last two years at least). With that said, does anyone know how to contact the Viking Octantis directly, so I can see 'if or if not, COVID vaccines are actually mandatory.' We're supposed to leave in a matter of days. Thanks in advance.

IMG_9082.heic

Edited by meee123

This is from My Viking Journey, Travel Requirements, Pre-Departure Information.     
Viking will continue to require that all guests be vaccinated against COVID-19 if they are departing on a Viking voyage on or before October 31, 2023.

IMG_5609.jpeg

• Like 1

According to their website:

———

Vaccination: For departures on or before October 31, 2023, Viking will continue to require that all guests be vaccinated against COVID-19. We suggest carrying your physical vaccine records at all times.

Viking will not require COVID-19 vaccination for voyages departing on or after November 1, 2023. For added protection, we recommend that guests stay up to date with all relevant vaccines, including COVID-19, in accordance with their healthcare provider.

Plese Note: Select countries continue to have COVID-19 related travel requirements. You will receive details via e-mail ahead of your departure.

———

https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/why-viking/health-and-safety/health-and-safety-faq.html 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, meee123 said:

Does anyone know for sure? I'm vaccinated but my parents are not due to physicians recommendation. This was booked for last year and the policy was in place. A Viking rep had me rebook for this time period, when it no longer would be in place. I called Viking and confirmed COVID vaccines were not needed in March of this year. Customer service confirmed that even happened on the phone today. Yet I called in again today after printing their boarding passes, where it says in the fine print alone, that COVID vaccines were mandatory. No vaccine card images were needed during check-in, or COVID reminders/warnings as these were previously listed, for other cruise lines.  Viking's own FAQs though say 'COVID vaccine status may or may not be required at boarding (per the attached me)'.  'May be required'!?!  Also, the phone line I've learned is a separate company, that gives different answers depending on, to whom you talk (and doesn't follow up when reps say they will - over the last two years at least). With that said, does anyone know how to contact the Viking Octantis directly, so I can see 'if or if not, COVID vaccines are actually mandatory.' We're supposed to leave in a matter of days. Thanks in advance.

IMG_9082.heic 138.85 kB · 4 downloads

Vaccines are currently required and have been since Viking resumed cruises during Covid.  As far as I know there are no exceptions.  The policy does not change until later this Fall.

• Like 2