Ocean Caye YC Question

KittyCruz

Been reading through as many of these and couldn't find an answer so forgive me if it has been posted.

Is there a place to safely store your things on the Ocean Caye if you say your entire party wants to go snorkling or swimming and you do not get the cabana?  In other words do they offer lockers or someplace to put your stuff? or if you have loungers is it pretty safe leaving while you go on adventures?

There is no safe storage place.  That being said, we have never hesitated to leave our stuff at our beach loungers.  There are not normally strangers roaming about the YC area where you will normally see only the YC passengers and the dedicated staff.  But there is a basic rule of travel, especially to beaches,  Do not take any valuables that you absolutely do not need.  

Hank

• Like 1

Perhaps a question is why you need valuables at the beach.  Most of us do take our phones, but most folks do not steal phones because they are often useless to other than their owners.  There is no need to take a wallet, money, credit cards, or jewelry ashore at Ocean Cay.  So what is left?

Hank

19 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Perhaps a question is why you need valuables at the beach.  Most of us do take our phones, but most folks do not steal phones because they are often useless to other than their owners.  There is no need to take a wallet, money, credit cards, or jewelry ashore at Ocean Cay.  So what is left?

Hank

I bought it for medications and cash for tips.  We will use it for other beach days outside of Ocean Cay where we will need identification, credit cards, etc. I will use it to store my cell phone because people do still steal them and it would be a huge inconvenience to replace it. 

33 minutes ago, Dskiba said:

I bought it for medications and cash for tips.  We will use it for other beach days outside of Ocean Cay where we will need identification, credit cards, etc. I will use it to store my cell phone because people do still steal them and it would be a huge inconvenience to replace it. 

Ocean Cay only uses your ships card-no need for credit cards!

Just now, mmbcater said:

Ocean Cay only uses your ships card-no need for credit cards!

Correct. That’s why I said we would use the portable safe for other beach days outside of Ocean Cay where we will need credit cards, cash, ID, etc. I just wanted to give the original poster a recommendation of what we bought for our belongings at Ocean Cay OR any other beach day at another port of call. I understood why they may want to keep their items safe but I guess we are in the minority. 

• Like 1

The ship is right there, you can leave your medication in your cabin and access it at any time. There is no limit on how many times you get off and on the ship.

All purchases even in the shops on the island only take your cruise card, no need for cash. Small bills if you tip bar waiters per drink but the risk of losing $10, I'll take it as well as anyone stealing my reef safe sun block. Camera/Phone is around my neck.

The ship card can get wet, just have a sealable pocket on a bathing suit. 

The portable safe? 

What stops a person from throwing a towel over it and moving your lounge chair? 

Thanks for the responses and ideas!

In my brain I was thinking about when we do snorkleing excursions they always had little cubby's or lockers for things and was just wondering about the Caye.

2 hours ago, KittyCruz said:

Thanks for the responses and ideas!

In my brain I was thinking about when we do snorkleing excursions they always had little cubby's or lockers for things and was just wondering about the Caye.

There are lockers in the shops area of Ocean Cay, adjacent to the docks for excursions. But nothing on North Island (YC area). We have never used them, so I have no details.