Back to Back cruising - Viet Nam visa

WMCMRBILL

I am on a B2B on the 31 July and the 12 Aug on the spectrum ots (RCCL), going from Singapore to Tyoko then Tyoko to Singapore.  There is one port in Viet Nam on the first leg and two ports in Viet Nam on the second leg.  My question is, do I apply for One 30-day single e-visa Two 30-day e-visas, or a 30-day multiple e-visa?  Time is short and RCCL's Diamond desk doesn't have the answer.  Everything I read doesn't address a B2B cruise with Viet Nam.

53 minutes ago, WMCMRBILL said:

I am on a B2B on the 31 July and the 12 Aug on the spectrum ots (RCCL), going from Singapore to Tyoko then Tyoko to Singapore.  There is one port in Viet Nam on the first leg and two ports in Viet Nam on the second leg.  My question is, do I apply for One 30-day single e-visa Two 30-day e-visas, or a 30-day multiple e-visa?  Time is short and RCCL's Diamond desk doesn't have the answer.  Everything I read doesn't address a B2B cruise with Viet Nam.

If i am reading this correctly you will be visiting Vietnam 3 times within 30 days. It doesn't matter to the government you are on a B2B just how many times you visit so do the multiple e-visa. Having visited Vietnam on three cruises now that is what I would do. 

• Like 1

Two or more consecutive Vietnam ports require a simple single-entry visa.

Since the third port won't be consecutive you need a multi-entry visa.

I don't know whether what used to be the norm. for cruisers entering Vietnam still applies but cruise line head-offices are unaware, or whether the exception for cruisers has changed - Vietnam used to issue landing clearance tickets (I'll avoid using the word "visas") which cost just a few dollars on your on-board account and were good for arrival & departure (but only on the ship, and no good for any overrnights ashore).

Folk may find that organising their own visas was a waste of time & money, but uncertainty means you can't risk not getting pukka tourist visas.

JB 🙂