Anyone get married in an Alaska port

We are thinking about getting married at Juneau or Ketchikan and I was wondering if there was anyone that had done this without going through the cruiseline

Diamond Princess 8/21/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;8;21;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

If you go to http://www.aweddingforyou.com/ and scroll down to the Shutterfly link you will see some pictures of Juneau weddings both in the Gardens and on a Glacier. They are beautiful!! We are getting married in August aboard the Infinity while it is in port in Vancouver. Should be a great time!!! If we didn't have so much family coming just for the wedding I would have been married in those Gardens in Juneau in a second!!!

Erin & Brent

"Friends are the family that you choose for yourself"

Sorry that I don't have any info about not using the cruise line. Hope you enjoy the pictures anyway!!

Erin & Brent

"Friends are the family that you choose for yourself"

I am getting married in Juneau on June 22. This is a second time for me but we have been together for 17 years so did not want a big wedding. We had booked this cruise last year before he asked on our Christmas cruise so thought it would be the perfect place and time. We are on NCL Star but are not using the ship services in anyway. I found alot of info online and that is where I found the place we are getting married at, Pearson's Pond (www.pearsonspond.com). They are taking care of everything but the license which you can do online and pick up that day. They have different price ranges and places you can choose from. Alot will depend on how many people you are planning on having at your wedding. We are just having 6 others besides ourselves and then a big reception in July. I will be glad to answer any questions after we get back.

Carnival Carnivale 5/87

Carnival Imagination 5/00

Golden Princess 11/02

Carnival Fantasy Christmas cruise 12/03

NCL Star, Alaska and wedding 06/20/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;06;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Thanks for the info and pictures this will give us something more to look at. bsbw I would love to hear about your wedding when you get home.

Diamond Princess 8/21/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;8;21;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

• 3 weeks later...

We got married on the glacier in Juneau last May (just celebrated our first aniversary!!)

We went with the package from the cruiseline (RCL), but I'm sure you could put it together yourself.

Royal Romance used a local florist, a local Officiant and Coastal Helicopters for the glacier landing.

The pilot and the photographer were our witnesses (you would have to find a photographer, we had one from the ship).

I couldn't be more pleased with how it turned out.

If you would like, I can see if I can find the email for the officiant and possibly the name of the florist.

Good luck and congratulations!

Cindy

• 2 weeks later...

We got married a month ago in Juneau in the rain forest gardens. I posted my review recently and tried to include as many details as possible. My post is called Juneau Wedding Review -5/24/04. I would highly recommend a Juneau wedding. I thought it was such an amazing experience, and I was so impressed with the coordinator and the wedding commissioner. If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask...

Archived