LIVE Cruzinforpeace*** is Cruising for Peace on The Summit July 23

2 hours ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

I’ve always loved the food on Carnival.  Always interesting choices.

And lots of free lunch options. Guy's Burgers put the Mast Grill to shame! Also looking forward to the new dining room menus that are rolling out across the fleet -- old favorites and some delicious sounding new choices. The new dinner salad options are very interesting.

Back to topic, I've done this cruise on Summit four times. In fact, 10 years ago today I boarded with my bff for a girls' cruise.

I was very sad that next week is Summit's final Bermuda cruise for the season. We cruise in August and were looking forward to returning to Bermuda on Summit. So instead, we'll hop on a train down to Norfolk and board Carnival Magic next month. Same amount of time in Bermuda, arrive 9am Tuesday and depart 4pm Thursday. That's why we chose it over Carnival Legend, which leaves from our home port the same day, but is only in Bermuda from 9am Wednesday to 1pm Thursday.

We're also planning on the Dockyard History Walk as soon as we arrive. 

Thanks so much for all your photos. It's really got me counting down the days -- 30 to be precise!

• Like 4

I will also be getting on as you are getting off. I hope the seas aren't too rough. Did the captain say how high the waves were expected to be? I know there is a tropical system developing down in the Caribbean expected to move up, but hopefully not too close to Bermuda.

8 minutes ago, SSFrance69 said:

I will also be getting on as you are getting off. I hope the seas aren't too rough. Did the captain say how high the waves were expected to be? I know there is a tropical system developing down in the Caribbean expected to move up, but hopefully not too close to Bermuda.

He said 9-10 feet and windy:  I can’t remember how windy but they said they were tying things down.  That’s not a good sign.

• Like 1