Free at sea - upgrade to unlimited internet package

Hello all! Quick question (haven't traveled with NCL for a very long time). I am about to book a 13 nights cruise on Norwegian Gem leaving on 14 Aug from Triest. I see that Free at sea promotion includes 300 min which is not enough as I need unlimited access to my emails while at sea.

The call center didn0t seem to be well trained when I asked about "upgrading" the minutes to unlimited standard wifi package and said it is not possible therefore a package must be bough and paid in full (29 USD per day).

Is that the case? as I heared that the minutes could have been used a s a"credit" towards the unlimited package. If that is the case, which is the procedure to upgrade?

Thank you so much!

The call center should know better, but it's no problem. After you book, all of your upgrade options will be prominently displayed in your Vacation Summary. You can't miss it. The 300 minutes gives you something like a $150 discount off the regular price for a 1 device unlimited package, or unlimited premium if you need streaming.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allegrocontadino said:

Hello all! Quick question (haven't traveled with NCL for a very long time). I am about to book a 13 nights cruise on Norwegian Gem leaving on 14 Aug from Triest. I see that Free at sea promotion includes 300 min which is not enough as I need unlimited access to my emails while at sea.

The call center didn0t seem to be well trained when I asked about "upgrading" the minutes to unlimited standard wifi package and said it is not possible therefore a package must be bough and paid in full (29 USD per day).

Is that the case? as I heared that the minutes could have been used a s a"credit" towards the unlimited package. If that is the case, which is the procedure to upgrade?

Thank you so much!

Be forewarned that the internet on NCL is not great compared to a lot of the other mass market lines. The Gem is an older ship, and having sailed on it a bunch of times, be prepared for wonky connection issues (even when emailing). 

If it’s work-specific, extensive, or important stuff, you might want to compose emails in a separate doc you can save. That way you can copy/paste into your email to make sure you don’t lose anything.