Looking for recommendations on reliable shore excursions

abdulazeez77

I will be traveling with wife and two girls 9 and 6 through Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas towards end of August. On Day 4 we are expected to be in Roatan, Honduras. I am looking for reliable shore excursion options which will guarantee coming back to the ship before departure. Can you please share recommendations and reliable vendors?

Hire a private driver to do the things you want to and get you back to the ship at a time of your choosing.  

There are heaps of tour operations offering private drivers. Jeezy from Roatan Driver is my current favorite but there are plenty of other options you can find via search. 

• Thanks 1

We loved Roatan Getaway Tours. We booked an excursion with them through Viator in 2021 and enjoyed it so much that we used them again for a private tour in 2022. They were always waiting for us on that weird sidewalk next to the crowded busy road (no good meeting spot in Roatan for non-ship excursions at the Royal port) and their policy is to have you back 2 hours before all aboard time. When we did the private excursion, we ended cutting that back to 1 hour because we wanted to go to the chocolate shop which is fairly close to the port and didn't feel super risky. They are also responsive via email. Here is some of what they offer with a private tour:

image.png.293f9eead500298b36d8744530a51045.png

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have done Victor bodden 3 times and Cleve's tours.     Bodden is a very professional group and always makes you feel safe and in charge.    Cleve is also awesome.   We toured with him one day while we were staying in West Bay and his wife drove us back to the airport a few days later.  One of the best days we have ever had there was the drive to east end of the island with Cleve.

Edited by Jgarriso

Whenever we go to Roatan we use Roatan Ocean Adventures. They are awesome! Last time there we did DJ's Monkey and Sloths, snorkeling and then a beach break. We had a great time! Here is our vlog from that day. If you go to our channel I did an interview with Herbert the owner of ROA.