Towels from Ship for Port Excursion

rnmhaexec

Hello, My family and I will be sailing next week on the Escape in a 2 BR Villa.  We have 2 ports in Mexico where we have excursions planned to a beach resort but the resort does not provide beach towels.  Are we able to take beach/pool towels from the ship for our beach trip? 

28 minutes ago, rnmhaexec said:

Hello, My family and I will be sailing next week on the Escape in a 2 BR Villa.  We have 2 ports in Mexico where we have excursions planned to a beach resort but the resort does not provide beach towels.  Are we able to take beach/pool towels from the ship for our beach trip? 

Yes. Your room steward or butler can get them for you (they will have some in your room on embarkation), or you can check them out at the towel station on the pool deck or on the dock at each port. Haven towels are available on the Haven sundecks (inside and outside). You normally want to have the towels in your bag as you disembark and not waste time waiting in line on the dock. 

There is a caveat to it: They will charge you for any towels that are not returned, sometimes as much as $25.

I tend to misplace or lose stuff, so what I do is bring a couple of $4 cheapo beach towels from Walmart/Dollar (whether from home if we drive or I buy it at whatever port we leave from) and then I take the cheap beach towels with us on excursions. That way, if I lose them, no big deal. The day before disembarkation, if I still have my cheap towels, I ask my room steward if they would like the them. So far, they've said yes to that.