A coughing fest on Riviera. PSA: PLEASE cover your mouth and nose

cruisr

Possibly.  But I would wager that the less crowded the venue, the better chance one has of avoiding someone else's droplets.  Farther for the little devils to fly before falling to the ground or being neutralized by the atmosphere or whatever.  That said, I'm not a doctor and I've never played one on TV.  (Anyone remember the Vicks Formula 44 commercial back in the 80s?)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DrHemlock said:

Possibly.  But I would wager that the less crowded the venue, the better chance one has of avoiding someone else's droplets.  Farther for the little devils to fly before falling to the ground or being neutralized by the atmosphere or whatever.  That said, I'm not a doctor and I've never played one on TV.  (Anyone remember the Vicks Formula 44 commercial back in the 80s?)

That is my line. I forgot the commercial.

On 8/5/2023 at 12:39 PM, LouChamp said:

Aloha. The amount of rudeness in our society is so prevalent and shameful throughout the world and permeates all of society.  Dividing time between NY and Hawaii I find manners lacking everywhere.  At Starbucks recently I held the door open for a woman who yelled at me and said she could open her own door.  Shameful 

Had that happen with some guy a few years older than me. My spouse is really quick with comebacks & responded "Well if we  see you fall overboard,  we'll be sure to toss your a life ring...attached to the anchor". The guy stood there a second to ponder that one & then walked away without a word.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2023 at 7:27 AM, cruisr said:

Wow, I am sorry you got covid but the way people were hacking on the July 19 I am not the least bit surprised.  I am shocked about the charges.  I don’t understand the antibiotic meds as they do no work against viruses unless they were give  for a bacterial infection in addition to covid.  Will Medicare reimburse you as it could be described as an emergency treatment.  Blood work seems odd, too.  

My thoughts about her treatment exactly. Antibiotics will do nothing for COVID except maybe for if bacterial PNA has set in on top of it which would take time. Blood work for organ failure, sepsis? Seems premature. I am very hesitant to visit a ships medical center.  

For my late September cruise I am taking new COVID tests, KN95 masks, hand sanitizer, ibuprofen, zinc lozenges, and emergen-c.  And watching very closely for the new COVID booster to come out in the next few weeks, I will probably be too late but might snag it through work just in time, but will definitely get my flu shot early September. 

• Like 4

Before our cruise earlier this year, first post pandemic, I asked primary care if she would prescribe Paxlovid just in case. I was fully vaxed. She said it Was not an option. I Caught it for the first time at the end of the trip, tested positive the day after getting home, and took Paxlovid. Wasn’t fun, and don’t want to get it again, but unfortunately it isn’t going away and cruises are going to be a higher risk. 

Wouldn't travel insurance cover those medical costs of you have a policy with Covid coverage?