Comprehensive cruise insurance

Hi everyone 👋 husband and I are preparing to go on our first cruise post covid,,last one was summer 2019. It feels like a few things have changed. TUI telling me we need “ comprehensive cruise cover” insurance,,,has to actually say comprehensive….we have an annual policy with a high level of cruise cover that has always been more than adequate. Can anybody shed any light on this for me please? Off on the Disco2 in about 10 days. Thanks in advance for any answers. Just a thought,,,is this TUI trying to get us to have their insurance offering?? 

My interpretation of the Comprehensive part is that you are covered for medical costs on the ship and for evacuation costs (e.g. a helicopter at sea). 

I have the Nationwide bank account policy which covers this - but never been asked to show it.

It became a particular issue during Covid with the UK cruises to nowhere or just around the UK ports as many insurance policies didn't give medical cover if there was no foreign travel.

1 hour ago, AlanCruise said:

My interpretation of the Comprehensive part is that you are covered for medical costs on the ship and for evacuation costs (e.g. a helicopter at sea). 

I have the Nationwide bank account policy which covers this - but never been asked to show it.

It became a particular issue during Covid with the UK cruises to nowhere or just around the UK ports as many insurance policies didn't give medical cover if there was no foreign travel.

On the last couple of trips we have done  (from Tenerife port) they have asked to see proof of comprehensive cover albeit only a cursory glance along with proof of your covid vaccination which earns you a sticker with the word …..checked  printed upon it and then you can proceed to check in.