Sea day activities

marylovestotravel

Our cruise has a lot of sea days between Vancouver and Tokyo and I was wondering what sort of extra activities Viking has for sea days. We've cruised Oceania and they have this Stitch and Chat which is very popular and a great way to meet people. Does Viking have anything similar? I will be bringing lots of books, but it's nice to have something different as well.

Mia

On our sea days we had a ship’s tour of the Bayonne tapestry that decorates the stairwells, daytime lectures in the star theater, afternoon trivia in the Explorer’s Lounge, special themed food and entertainment in the pool area, and boardgames setup in Manfredi’s. 

• Like 1

There’s often a crafts gathering or class as well. On our most recent cruise, it was bring whatever crafts (like knitting or stitching) you’re working on. Last year on a TA they had a watercolor painting class for several days with an art show at the end.

There will usually be an "uptick" in the lecture schedule as well.  On our Panama Canal cruise last year we had 10 sea days and there were multiple lectures sea days ... there was a "resident" historian, naturalist, botanist, and gentleman who regaled us with interesting and entertaining stories that pertained to our itinerary.  They also had craft groups, bridge, and baggo tournaments.  There is also the spa, which remarkably wasn't ever crowded, and of course the pools ... both were open and accessible.  We enjoyed the lectures and usually a nap in the afternoon!  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

On our sea days we had a ship’s tour of the Bayonne tapestry that decorates the stairwells, daytime lectures in the star theater, afternoon trivia in the Explorer’s Lounge, special themed food and entertainment in the pool area, and boardgames setup in Manfredi’s. 

Bayeux Tapestry.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, marylovestotravel said:

Sounds like a marvellous selection of activities! It'll be nice to be active and enjoy the ship and fellow travellers.

I've browsed the Viking website but I can't seem to find much information.

Mia

It really depends on the cruise director, itinerary, ship, and lecturers. Too many variables to post anything on a website.

• Like 3