Naples Shore Excursion - Sorrento, Pompeii and Positano -or- Sorrento, Pompeii and Capri

jahester

Hi All,

Looking at these two tours and asking for input.  It's on Carnival Cruise Line.  Looks like the first one is for small groups.  The second is a larger bus tour.  Reviews on the Carnival page are very old.  Anyone do one of these recently and have any feedback?  Thanks in advance!

I thought about these three-location tours, but finally decided it was just too hectic to squeeze in all of them. I would just choose Sorrento or Positano with Pompeii.  Pompeii is hot and exhausting, but definitely a highlight site to visit and explore.  You can view photos online of the two other cities and see which one appeals to you most.  You will definitely want a lunch break.  There is a lot of traffic in the area, so that can be a challenge if you are in a motor vehicle.

Capri is harder to get to because you must use water transportation and that will eat up time.  Many folks do not want to leave once they get there, ha-ha. Most people recommend spending the whole day there.

Finally, in my my most recent excursion (three weeks ago!) we took a boat from Salerno and actually went to Amalfi first, so we had a wonderful view of all the towns on the water. Afterwards we had a relaxing lunch, and then spent the afternoon at Pompeii (this was a Princess excursion).  Our large bus was very comfortable and air-conditioned!

• 4 months later...