Dirty Banana Cocktails

Cash123

Hi All,

Silly question time but im wondering if you can get a Dirty Banana cocktail on Arvia, I had no problems getting these on Princess the last few cruises but this will be our 1st cruise on P & O, lookiong forward to Arvia in January around the Caribean.

Also one of our freinds is celebratng one of those "0" birthdays so would like any recommendations for a nice restaurant other than the MDR.

Cheers

Rob

I didn’t find a dirty banana on Arvia although I did drink many of them on Princess. 
Maybe I didn’t look hard enough. 
Best speciality restaurant IMHO is Epicurean unless your friend is a curry addict and then it’s Sindhu. We always do both. 

I’ve attached a couple of photos from a previous cruise - I would describe them as an alcoholic milkshake; but that doesn’t do them justice (I don’t actually care for milkshakes, and I loved these).

I’ve not had one on P&O, but I don’t see why a competent bartender with a blender couldn’t rustle one up - although I’m not sure how ‘off menu’ the bars are allowed to get. A challenge for someone, perhaps!

4CD79714-812A-4BFE-A949-DAF5DE5C7A12.jpeg

BC7902EB-EC44-4E61-A2F7-32B1B5ACE1E6.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2023 at 6:24 PM, Cash123 said:

Hi All,

Silly question time but im wondering if you can get a Dirty Banana cocktail on Arvia, I had no problems getting these on Princess the last few cruises but this will be our 1st cruise on P & O, lookiong forward to Arvia in January around the Caribean.

Also one of our freinds is celebratng one of those "0" birthdays so would like any recommendations for a nice restaurant other than the MDR.

Cheers

Rob

Hi there,

No you definitely won't get a Dirty Banana on P&O.

We've been on Princess ourselves a few times recently and love it, but I'm afraid you'll find that P&O do not have the same drinks lists as Princess. They are very limited and do not have the range of cocktails that Princess do. This is coming from someone who's travelled on P&O for over 20 yrs.

I'm sure you'll enjoy Arvia, but it's not Princess.

Happy Cruising. 😊

40 minutes ago, Flocat said:

Many years ago they used to do a Chocolate Banana, which is similar, you could only get it up by the pool (this was on Arcadia) but sadly no more! 

They also used to do Tequila Sunrise, but that went nearly 20 years ago.

I can let you know that Princess and Cunard still do it.😊