Boarding Times?

CreativeCookie

O?  Not in my (limited) experience.  They did board in strict cabin category priority (top suites, penthouse, concierge, and "other).  I've also heard of them running all 4 boarding categories in parallel, though.

The port?  Depends upon the port.  For some ports, yeah and verily, well before you get near O.

Edited by Snaefell3

Depends upon the port. Some ports will not allow one into the port area and/or into the Terminal until their assigned boarding time on their boarding passes.

Otherwise, one of two things typically happens. 1. If on a ship with a large B2B contingent and only a few hundred boarding, things will go smoothly for early arrivals.

2. On those cruises with 85+% new passengers and 700-800 people showing up early, it creates boardamania. Long lines and waiting. Particularly pleasant to watch when there is little to no shade for all those early arrivals to stand in. 

I am never entranced with lunch in the Terrace so avoiding possible boardamania and boarding later always works for us.

• Like 1