MDR Lunch Menu

Desert Cruisers

That's a disheartening cutback and puts it behind every other competitor, like Cunard, Princess, and Celebrity, which all vary lunch menus. To make it worse, all the officers and spa/shops crew eat lunch in the Lido, so it gets packed. The bright spot is I no longer need rush to get on board for embarkation MDR lunch, since it's not worth it. I find the Distant Lands rotating Asian station good, the buffet usually has great breads, sandwiches, and Beecher's mac and cheese, or it can be a good time to get a Dive-In burger or NYpizza, or just order room service. The newest ships also have Dutch foods in their cafe. To be fair, the MDR lunch menu is fairly extensive, with brunch/breakfast items for all the HAL partiers up all night, and their breakfast menu is the best I've had. 

• Like 1

Given that the MDR is only open on sea days - on my two week Noordam cruise - there was no way that I could possibly try all of the options that were available. And if you have an Alaskan brunch as well there is truly no need to nit pick about limited options - of which there are not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rj59 said:

That's a disheartening cutback and puts it behind every other competitor, like Cunard, Princess, and Celebrity, which all vary lunch menus. To make it worse, all the officers and spa/shops crew eat lunch in the Lido, so it gets packed. The bright spot is I no longer need rush to get on board for embarkation MDR lunch, since it's not worth it. I find the Distant Lands rotating Asian station good, the buffet usually has great breads, sandwiches, and Beecher's mac and cheese, or it can be a good time to get a Dive-In burger or NYpizza, or just order room service. The newest ships also have Dutch foods in their cafe. To be fair, the MDR lunch menu is fairly extensive, with brunch/breakfast items for all the HAL partiers up all night, and their breakfast menu is the best I've had. 

If a MDR lunch is the barometer of cruise satisfaction, then by all means try Cunard, Celebrity, or Princess. That is why options exist.

On 8/22/2023 at 12:45 PM, RD64 said:

The Goat Cheese and assorted berries that I had on the Noordam last Saturday was one of the best things I have ever had - recommended by my exceptional waiter Arta. The halibut sandwich was very good as well.

This looks so good! I want one of everything.  I will be on Noordam in 10 days.  Is this only on the last day?  Is it just for a couple hours?  Wondering if I can go early and then again late😀