Live report (with a Beatles theme) from Ambassador Ambition 2 night ‘Summer Songs Seacation’ and pre-cruise stay in Liverpool

ConnieTact

Wandered around the ship. Went on walking track on top deck. Realised I had somehow hit up there with an open entrance and the other exits were cordoned off! Imagine my shock when I went to go out of the only accessible door (where I had made my entrance) only for the handle to come away on my hand! 😅

luckily I popped it back in and it worked! Cinderella shall go uk the ball after all!! 😂

IMG_2096.jpeg

IMG_2094.jpeg

IMG_2093.jpeg

IMG_2091.jpeg

IMG_2089.jpeg

IMG_2095.jpeg

11 hours ago, baser said:

Great report.l will be on ambition next year.can you tell me what is the size of the swimming pool and what are the set evening dinner times.many thanks .

Good morning Baser! 
Thanks for your kind words. 
I have taken a picture of the swimming pool just for you. It’s not huge but it’s an older ship.

Early dining was 7pm but last night it was 15 minutes early due to gala night. Not sure about late sitting. Our cruise was sailing at less than half capacity- late sitting for restaurant isn’t even listed on the planner! So may be different for future cruises. The speciality restaurants had times of 6pm and 8.30 so maybe it would be the same as that.

IMG_2199.jpeg

IMG_2201.jpeg

So, last night! We had a ball. Honestly it was everything we dreamed it would be! The dinner was great and I would estimate less than half actually wore DJs or cocktail dresses. 
Mr CT not keen on a tie but he always looks smart. I don’t wear dresses but prefer trousers and glam tops. 
I read somewhere that ‘wear what you feel comfortable in’ and that is my advice too. Don’t worry about dress code too much as long as you look smart you’ll be fine!

IMG_2202.jpeg

IMG_2203.jpeg

• Like 1

The Bootleg Beatles were just as superb as we remember them to be. What a fantastic show that was an hour and forty minutes long. It stated in 1963 and ended with the later 1969 songs. They all had a costume change apart from Paul who stayed to sing solo while the others left the stage.

IMG_2210.jpeg

IMG_2211.jpeg

IMG_2212.jpeg

I took a couple of sneaky videos and will load them to my YouTube another time. 
The whole theatre was so thrilled with the professional performance and sang along loudly when invited. We clapped along and rose to our feet for an encore! They did the Fab Four proud and our ‘new’ cruise director graced the stage and was pulled in by the band and he joined in a song.

“Not bad for my second day in the job! I’ve joined the Beatles!” He exclaimed excitedly afterwards.

IMG_2213.jpeg

During the performance we had an unexpected ’shout out’! Our best friend John had sent a special request for this even though he was not on the ship! Imagine our surprise as they said our names and John Lennon said “from one John to another John” and asked for everyone to clap! 

IMG_2217.jpeg

Next we went to cabin to pack and put cases out. We had arranged to meet our friends in the Cavern after we had both done this. 
IMG_2220.thumb.jpeg.a268186894a769d1626c7da51212c1c3.jpegIt was an Abba party and we just caught the end but stayed on and danced to the DJ til 2am.

The DJ took requests, and most of the songs were ones in my record collection it was great! 

We loved the cruise and if Ambassador do another Bootleg Beatles one- we will book again for sure! 
As the coaches arrive and people prepare to disembark we are still enjoying the sun in the buffet outdoor area. This has to be up there as one of the most leisurely disembarkations. All this helps us want to return.

IMG_2221.jpeg

IMG_2223.jpeg

The free internet has made all the difference in helping keep this live report truly live. We have been so grateful for the generosity of Ambassador to allow us to trial it for free. 
I did have an issue last night and went to Guest Services. I was assisted by Jasmine who was tenacious in helping me and eventually we got there! She was reluctant to have a photo taken and insisted she was just doing her job. She made my day through her helping me get back online and I want to acknowledge that. Here she is!

IMG_2215.jpeg

• Like 2

Thank you for all the info. I have been interested in Ambassador since they begun.

However, no food between 9.30 and 12! On holiday! I could never force myself to eat before 9.30am on a normal day, never mind on holiday.

3 minutes ago, FangedRose said:

Thank you for all the info. I have been interested in Ambassador since they begun.

However, no food between 9.30 and 12! On holiday! I could never force myself to eat before 9.30am on a normal day, never mind on holiday.

I guess you could ‘rescue’ some food from the buffet and eat it when you’re ready. For example we’ve been outside the buffet but have a plate of food here even though all was packed up at 10 today and now it’s 11.30. Just an idea! 
Thanks for your kind words and for following along. 

Just now, ConnieTact said:

I guess you could ‘rescue’ some food from the buffet and eat it when you’re ready. For example we’ve been outside the buffet but have a plate of food here even though all was packed up at 10 today and now it’s 11.30. Just an idea! 
Thanks for your kind words and for following along. 

But that would mean getting up and dressed. Therin lies my problem. 😁